Author Topic: LEL - Coxwold Control  (Read 2998 times)

L Hedley

• "Bring it on"
LEL - Coxwold Control
« on: 30 April, 2009, 06:47:52 pm »
Hi
I have taken on Coxwold Control, a truely beautiful village, next stop on from Thorne en route. I am currently trying to plan and recruit Volunteers and I am finding a bit of a black hole! If anyone would like to volunteer for this control I would be very grateful.  The village has a fantastic pub for break times!  
Lynn :demon:

Not just a cyclist's wife!

iddu

• Are we there yet?
Re: Coxwold Control
« Reply #1 on: 30 April, 2009, 11:37:36 pm »
What's the control - school/village hall? Camping on the (playing) field?
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

L Hedley

• "Bring it on"
« Reply #2 on: 01 May, 2009, 07:10:53 am »
Hi,
It's a small village hall.  Think it is, 54°11.333'N, 1°10.778'W if that helps.  Are you asking as a potential volunteer or are you cycling the event?
Lynn

Chris S

« Reply #3 on: 01 May, 2009, 07:55:30 am »
Does Coxwold have a WI, and if so, are they as mad as most WIs? Could be up for some WI kitcheny action...

Might be worth a call to a Person Who Knows Things in the village.

L Hedley

• "Bring it on"
« Reply #4 on: 01 May, 2009, 08:37:44 am »
Does Coxwold have a WI, and if so, are they as mad as most WIs? Could be up for some WI kitcheny action...

Might be worth a call to a Person Who Knows Things in the village.

By WI i take it you mean Women's Institute?   We have already done alot of research in the village and appealed to the locals, we now have good contacts in the village and have circuclated information about LEL, they have been very helpful but as yet, no volunteers from the locals, they do have my contact details though.  We are back there on the 10th May for the annual cyclists service at the church so will chip away again.
When I first looked at your reply, for a minute I though you meant WI as if WiFi...it's early! Coxwold does even get a mobile reception unless you stand at the top ot the hill and contort yourself in interesting poses! And that is only on Orange! So I was a bit concerned about comms, but...have been told by pub landlady that customers often use her wirless network whilst sipping a pint!

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #5 on: 01 May, 2009, 09:41:01 am »
It might be worth you getting in touch with Ripon Loiterers and Wheel Easy from Harrogate, see if any of their members are willing to help.

Coxwold is indeed a beautiful village, and if I could get the time off I would be assisting...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #6 on: 01 May, 2009, 10:03:48 am »
Are you asking as a potential volunteer or are you cycling the event?
Vol; done silly once already, thanks ;)
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

L Hedley

• "Bring it on"
« Reply #7 on: 01 May, 2009, 10:05:09 am »
It might be worth you getting in touch with Ripon Loiterers and Wheel Easy from Harrogate, see if any of their members are willing to help.

Coxwold is indeed a beautiful village, and if I could get the time off I would be assisting...

Thank you so much for that. I checked the web and found the relevant info, emails sent,  thank you.  So... If any one can spare even just one day, half a day or an evening it would help.  I am taking precious annual leave, as I expect other controlers are to cover this  O:-)

L Hedley

• "Bring it on"
« Reply #8 on: 01 May, 2009, 10:06:24 am »

LOL, I am beginning to think it might be easier to ride it than control it  ;D

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #9 on: 03 May, 2009, 01:28:37 pm »

LOL, I am beginning to think it might be easier to ride it than control it  ;D

That was certainly Giraffe's impression when I rode the Great Eastern and he controlled at Market Deeping. There were only about 20 riders...