Author Topic: DIY entry forms  (Read 7035 times)

DIY entry forms
« on: 24 April, 2008, 07:30:05 pm »
Where the kin'ell are they on the AUK site?  ???

border-rider

Re: DIY entry forms
« Reply #1 on: 24 April, 2008, 07:33:09 pm »
You just use a standard entry form don't you ?

http://www.aukweb.net/cal/entform.pdf

« Reply #2 on: 24 April, 2008, 07:35:28 pm »
Blimey... I couldn't even find that!  Thanks  :thumbsup:

Martin

« Reply #3 on: 24 April, 2008, 07:59:29 pm »
alternatively if you want a digital copy go to a pre-filled members' event entry copy/paste it into a word doc change the event name, delete the date etc and just add a list of controls; you can then save it and jiggle it around next time.

thus; (names addresses etc changed to protect the innocent)

Entry Form for Events held under AUDAX UK Regulations
This form has been downloaded from Audax UK's official website,
and is textually identical to the one published in the hardcopy AUK Calendar

Name of Event: DIY Permanent

Dist:   110km     

Control points

Start         Distance

(Calendar event name    date) optional
(Start
Finish)

Finish         

Fee  £

AUK Membership No:       

Date of birth         

Forename:   Martin         Surname:   MALINS

Address:   

Tel:           email:   

DA/Club:   n     :     East Grinstead CC

This event is run under Audax UK regulations. It is not a race or trial of speed. You are expected to follow the rules of the road and show consideration to other road users. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with Audax UK regulations, guidance, and advice. (Members receive these via AUK publications. Others may find them on the AUK website at www.audax.uk.net, or may request printed copies from the organiser of the event.)
Note:-
  » The route is on open public roads.                  » Some routes may be arduous.
  » The route is not waymarked or marshalled.    » You should prepare by studying the route.
  » The organiser provides no rescue service.     » You are responsible for your safety/conduct.

I acknowledge that during the event I am on a private excursion on the public highway and that I am responsible for my own conduct. I agree to abide by Audax UK Regulations for this ride. I have relevant insurance cover as above.

Signed (Entrant):                                                                                                 Date:

Rider's next of kin (Name & Tel.):

border-rider

« Reply #4 on: 18 July, 2008, 10:40:18 am »
And don't forget to pay the correct postage :)

DIY Card orders

frere yacker

« Reply #5 on: 07 October, 2008, 05:40:50 pm »
Quick question.

Presumably entries and route details for DIY events need to be resubmitted on or after 1 November if an entry was submitted before that date but not ridden?  In other words, is a DIY entry valid only until the end of the AUK season?

Is this the same for permanents?  Past experience suggests it is good practice to resubmit the form but a new entry fee isn't needed.  Or is this at the discretion of the organiser?

« Reply #6 on: 07 October, 2008, 07:29:08 pm »
Quick question.

Presumably entries and route details for DIY events need to be resubmitted on or after 1 November if an entry was submitted before that date but not ridden?  In other words, is a DIY entry valid only until the end of the AUK season?

Is this the same for permanents?  Past experience suggests it is good practice to resubmit the form but a new entry fee isn't needed.  Or is this at the discretion of the organiser?

The rule is: there are no rules, so commonsense applies. Check with the individual organisers.

Martin

« Reply #7 on: 07 October, 2008, 10:43:24 pm »
what Ian said; I assumed a DIY entry is valid for ever unless circumstances prevent the ride as devised from being ridden or validated.

« Reply #8 on: 08 October, 2008, 06:22:09 am »

When the Entry Form has been updated (eg it was in June this year), it's more likely to be a good idea to send in another, perhaps?

« Reply #9 on: 08 October, 2008, 10:10:25 am »
Route validation:

Unless they've built a big new road that creates a shortcut on part of your route it's unlikely that you'd need to get the route/controls revalidated. Of course, if you don't check it and a shorter route does become available then you run the risk of it being rejected when it gets to the DIY Organisers or Perm Sec.

It would also be worth getting a route revalidated if the local DIY organiser has changed, just so they are happy with it.

DIYs:

I've always been told that the DIY organiser needs a signed entry form with an exact a date for intended riding as possible. You don't need to go as far as "starting 8am on 28th August" but you can't just have "some time in 2009".

I submit (by email) an electronic copy of the entry form with the intended ride date filled in. I can do this because I usually email it to the DIY organiser the day before (or even the morning of the ride). Just takes a bit of work to scan a copy of your signature and embed this in a partially filled in Word Doc to use as a template.

I also do this because I've got several DIY routes which use the same first set of controls. I've done my DIY Putney->Cambridge ride about 4 times as a 100 and 3 times as a 200 by coming back.

For a new route I'll try and get the distance checked as soon as possible but, if I'm confident I've done enough checking myself with Autoroute, I'll just submit the DIY entry form with the controls listed. I'll be annoyed if it is rejected or downgraded to a shorter distance but then it would be completely my fault for not sorting it out in advance.

Perms:

I've never done a proper Perm but I assume that it's a bit more relaxed as there's no chance of ducking out half way and claiming something else. But I still thought that the organiser needs some notice of when you intend to do the ride via an entry form. Either the original entry form when you apply for the cards, or a separate one (not requesting a card or enclosing a fee) closer to the actual ride.

I was going to buy a bunch of likely Perm cards (CG300, Epsom-Lincoln-Epsom amongst others) way in advance (with no real entry form) but then, when I actually get round to riding them, send the organiser a proper entry form with my intended ride date.

Anyway, this is the way that I understand it and I haven't been told to do otherwise.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #10 on: 08 October, 2008, 10:27:06 am »

...I've never done a proper Perm but I assume that it's a bit more relaxed as there's no chance of ducking out half way and claiming something else.otherwise...

That should be the case with all perms, DIY or off-the-shelf. You have to declare your intentions in advance. You shouldn't, f'rinstance, start a 300, pack part-way and then claim a 200.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #11 on: 13 March, 2013, 08:22:06 pm »
OK, thread necromancy in spades but I have a question on perms and since the organisers email address seems to be non-functional I'm a bit stuffed on contacting him (Colin Bezant).

I want to apply for Cambrian series 2A perm but am unsure of when I want to do it (sometime in May almost certainly but that's still quite vague).

On the form, do I put in not date, provisional date?  Do I wax lyrical as here?

What am I supposed to do about letting the guy know when I'm doing it if his email address has gone defunct?  Snail mail seems unlikely to be useful...
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Chris S

« Reply #12 on: 13 March, 2013, 08:36:16 pm »
I believe CrazyEnglishTriathlete of this 'ere parish might be able to help ;)

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #13 on: 13 March, 2013, 08:37:46 pm »
 :thumbsup:
It's a reverse Elvis thing.