Author Topic: The LEL lost property thread  (Read 7964 times)

The LEL lost property thread
« on: 01 August, 2009, 11:18:33 am »
Anyone know what the situation is with lost property, specifically at Lee Valley?  I seem to have left a jersey there on Thursday evening.  I've tried ringing but just get the central YHA switchboard answermachine.
The sound of one pannier flapping

plug

Lost property
« Reply #1 on: 01 August, 2009, 12:30:18 pm »
When I left yesterday, there were two boxes full of LEL lost property for people to reclaim from.  It may be in there? I suspect anything unclaimed will stay with one of the orgs for a while.

simonp

Lost property
« Reply #2 on: 01 August, 2009, 12:40:12 pm »
If anyone found some rapha arm warmers they might be mine.  Somewhere in Scotland, Traquair-?Dalkieth.

Fortunately there were another pair in my DK drop bag.

The lost property thread
« Reply #3 on: 01 August, 2009, 01:31:38 pm »
Left at Washingborough. 

A Newbury club jersey in a smallish size.

A pair of +3.00 reading glasses with rainbow striped frames and a lanyard.

Armwarmers in a small size.  CRAFT.  Black with red flash design

PM me if you want them back.

Keith

Re: Lost property
« Reply #4 on: 01 August, 2009, 02:01:39 pm »
When I left yesterday, there were two boxes full of LEL lost property for people to reclaim from.  It may be in there? I suspect anything unclaimed will stay with one of the orgs for a while.

Ah, thanks for that Plug.  I just need to find out how to contact them now!

EDIT:  I just rang Lee Valley YH (0845 371 9057) and they say that they have quite a few items there, which they will hang onto for a month before getting rid of.  Unfortunately my jersey wasn't on the list but may be in a box somewhere so, as I live fairly close, I'll wander up at some stage and have a rummage.

vistaed

• Everyday stories
Re: The lost property thread
« Reply #5 on: 01 August, 2009, 02:18:20 pm »
I lost lost two pairs of very wet smell rapha socks in the shower at Thorne on the way back to Lea Valley. I had washed them but forgot to pick them up. When I went back to fetch them 10 mins later they had gone. Did any one pick them up?
after hardship comes ease -
 www.strava.com/athletes/188220

DanialW

« Reply #6 on: 01 August, 2009, 03:27:09 pm »
All the Thorne lost property got taken back on the van to Lea Valley.  :(

« Reply #7 on: 01 August, 2009, 03:28:04 pm »
I lost a SIS bidon at Thurlby. I replaced with with a 'spare' LEL one

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #8 on: 01 August, 2009, 03:33:27 pm »
I left my glasses case (with ear-plugs) and a pot of arse-cream somewhere after visiting my bag-drop. All incredibly useful at the time, but not worth chasing after now I'm done!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #9 on: 01 August, 2009, 03:55:13 pm »
I may as well post a description of my jersey in the vague hope that someone here spotted it at Lee Valley, probably outside near the bike racks.  It's an all-black short sleeve Gill jersey with white and yellow piping.  More important was my father's CTC enamel badge from the 1930's attached to the right chest.  It must have been left there on Thursday evening sometime around 7pm.

EDIT:  Panic over.  I was just about to cycle up to Lee Valley to root around the lost property when my friend who picked me up on Thursday rang to say he's found my jersey (and badge) in the back of his van - result!

« Reply #10 on: 01 August, 2009, 06:18:54 pm »
Most of the stuff left at Eskdalemuir went on the sweep-van back to Lea Valley.  But more was found as we cleared up.  The following is currently being laundered (can't stand the smell much longer!) - get in touch if you recognise it

* Trek X-Large bib shorts (my size  ;))
* Assos arm-warmers - size II
* Auk long-sleeved full-zip light jacket, L
* red-backed "Competition Sport" mitts

And a pair of Shimano tinted glasses in a bag

L Hedley

• "Bring it on"
« Reply #11 on: 01 August, 2009, 07:17:31 pm »
I have a few bits with me, including a bum bag full of cake!
Not just a cyclist's wife!

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #12 on: 01 August, 2009, 07:20:45 pm »
I have a few bits with me, including a bum bag full of cake!

Funny you should say that, I've got a couple of bums full of cake I need to get rid of!

DanialW

Re: The LEL lost property thread
« Reply #13 on: 02 August, 2009, 07:59:59 am »
I wonder if I'll ever get my back wheel back?

Bez

• Carpe Cerevisi.
« Reply #14 on: 02 August, 2009, 09:15:06 am »
I’m missing a pair of Gore-Tex Cross gloves.

These were taken whilst I slept at Eskdalemuir on Monday night.

How do I know they were taken? Well the person doing the taking disturbed me enough to wake me in sufficient time to grab back my waterproof jacket that he was also picking up.

It was only about an hour later when I got my kit into the light that I realised the gloves had gone. Fortunately I’d got another pair and if the jacket had gone as well then though unpleasant for a couple of hours I could have bought a replacement in Dalkeith or Edinburgh.

At this point I’m willing to believe that it was a genuine mistake made by a fellow tired rider in the dark.

However they hadn’t been handed in at Dalkeith when I got there or at Eskdalemuir when I returned so maybe not a mistake at all – irritating/ slightly costly but not catastrophic.

Maybe they were handed in at the end?

« Reply #15 on: 02 August, 2009, 02:29:56 pm »
missing: lel water bottle, one of the supplied reflective bands, montane velo jacket (blue)

Thunderthighs

• A likeness.... of sorts!
    • Reading Cycling Club (RCC)
« Reply #16 on: 02 August, 2009, 03:37:44 pm »
Looking for one car key for a Vauxhall Astra - flat black plastic key end.  Thankfully I had a spare forwarded on.  Possibly lost anywhere !!
LEL 2013 Events??:
PBP 2015 Qualifiers ??:

Time to look ahead.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #17 on: 02 August, 2009, 09:26:20 pm »
Looking for a Panasonic camera battery charger.  If it still has the battery inside it, even better.

L Hedley

• "Bring it on"
« Reply #18 on: 02 August, 2009, 09:31:01 pm »
Wedding ring!  Simple yellow gold band! Mans.  Last seen in tent pocket on Coxwold playing fields, possibly!  Not really worried as it's the fourth one! And after being talked into running a control by it's owner, I may just want it remeoved anyway ;) ;)!
Not just a cyclist's wife!

border-rider

« Reply #19 on: 02 August, 2009, 09:32:39 pm »
I found a ring at EskDM, but it wasn't a plain gold band - or even especially gold.

« Reply #20 on: 02 August, 2009, 09:36:38 pm »
Also lost a rapha base layer. probably at Dalkeith as I recall to intend to change it and taking out a fresh one from my bag drop.

« Reply #21 on: 03 August, 2009, 10:49:18 am »
I found a ring at EskDM, but it wasn't a plain gold band - or even especially gold.

Silver celtic band? Scottlington? (It's his usual trick to leave it somewhere on an Audax).
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

border-rider

« Reply #22 on: 03 August, 2009, 10:55:46 am »

Silver celtic band? Scottlington? (It's his usual trick to leave it somewhere on an Audax).

No, not Celtic. 

« Reply #23 on: 03 August, 2009, 11:10:27 am »

No, not Celtic. 
It went with the rest of the "lost property" that we had identified at the time in the van to Lea Valley.

LEL

« Reply #24 on: 03 August, 2009, 03:33:04 pm »
I will list all the lee valley lost poroerty just as soon as i can get to it - its currently under a pile of LEL stuff which is gradually reducing in size as I pack it all away.

Chances are gloves tights etc are in their.