Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3012234 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
I'm shattered and it is only Monday  :(
+1. It's going to be a mental week, the USAsians who were coming to share the presentation duties with us on Wednesday look like they're not going to make it, and I've got 6 papers to read and come up with back-up questions for before next Weds.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Bilsdale was beautiful this morning

Deborah

+1. It's going to be a mental week, the USAsians who were coming to share the presentation duties with us on Wednesday look like they're not going to make it, and I've got 6 papers to read and come up with back-up questions for before next Weds.

I don't envy you that task.  Can USAsians brief or send details suggetions?

Good luck

Deborah

Oooh just found out that I am in the big smoke for a little while in June

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter

I don't envy you that task.  Can USAsians brief or send details suggetions?
We've got 2 presentations emailed over, one of which is good, and the other we've decided to completely drop.....

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
There may be pictures of my bruises tonight :)

fuzzy

There may be pictures of my bruises tonight :)
Be careful. These bruises have a rep for getting very precious once they realise they are famous.

Me too.  I didn't seem to do much other than sleep this weekend, and I'm still tired today.  Not good.  I hope it's not some sort of mild lurgy.
Actually, it is rocket science.

I just bought a bike trailer from the dump for £2.  :D

The material is very tatty and starting to go, but I'll probably fit a plastic box to carry shopping or bring veg back from the allotment.

...and, YES - actually I DO need 4 bike trailers.  ::-)
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map

The material is very tatty and starting to go, but I'll probably fit a plastic box to carry shopping or bring veg back from the allotment.

You could make a bike-train.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...

We never seem to get such things at our local dump...  :(
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

We never seem to get such things at our local dump...  :(

I don't go there often, but sometimes come back with more than I take.  ::-)

Got a trike for £15 that later went on ebay for £120.
Lawnmower cost me £5 and only needed oil change & fresh petrol.
Missed out on getting a hybrid bike with 8 speed hub last time -  it was like new apart from a broken spoke but he had promised it to someone else for £10.  :o
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

...and, YES - actually I DO need 4 bike trailers.  ::-)

n+1, it's not just for bikes. ;D :thumbsup:
Actually, it is rocket science.

Had a conference call first thing this morning to tell us we're all being shipped out to a new office with only half the parking spaces for the number of people.

+ my commute is doubling in length.

Was I wrong to be smirking slightly by the end of it?
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

I interviewed two people today. Both were outstanding. Bugger!

I gave blood last Tuesday, and I have  a massive bruise on my right arm.  Clumsy git of a nurse.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
I put a horrible image of Prince Charles bending over in Chris N's head on Saturday evening.
Talking about the pub in Beddgelert  ;D

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
I got this jersey for my bruvver while I was across the pond last week. I think he'll like it :)

I got this jersey for my bruvver while I was across the pond last week. I think he'll like it :)

If he doesnt, can I have it? :)

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter

And yes, I know they need waxing....why do my legs look like plucked poultry?  :-[

JJ

Well, I did think that, but I saw a mouse where I put the trap a couple of weeks ago. Folklore is that you don't get both in the same place - or do you? My worry is that a rat is wandering round crippled...

I think that's just folklore.  Quite possibly there is an injured something wandering around, but there's not that much you can do about it if there is, so don't torture yourself.  Whatever it is will either recover or not.  It's also possible that it was a mouse that set it off, but was lucky enough to jump clear.

Where did you set the trap?  Could it have jumped off under something when it went off?  I've know that happen.

jogler

• mojo operandi
Well, I did think that, but I saw a mouse where I put the trap a couple of weeks ago. Folklore is that you don't get both in the same place - or do you? My worry is that a rat is wandering round crippled...

you don't get mice & rats in the same place 'cause the rats eat all the mice :demon:

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
My eldest boy did a 'sponsored sidekick' event at his karate club on Saturday.  The club, between all the different classes in several different towns, were aiming for one million kicks and they've been practising for a couple of weeks.  He managed to do just over 8200 sidekicks.  In a row.  With one leg.  Without putting his foot down.  Then he ate some cake, and swapped legs, and clocked up 15 thousand in total.  Eep! 

And OK, yes, quite a lot of those 'kicks' were not exactly demonstrative of opponent-knocking-out, wall-smashing, brick-breaking power.  In fact some of them were probably more like gently tickling the pad with a feather.  But 15k!  Granny decided to drop the sponsorship offer of a penny a kick down to a quid per thousand  ;D

(And then I made him ride 25 miles on Sunday too).

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
According to my confuser I recorded a new top speed today :) Now I was pushing it a bit more than usual but I'm pretty sure that I didn't hit 80mph ???

How do people stand working out in canary wharf?

Its hard to imagine a more soul-destroying place.

Mind you, its a while since I was in swindon...

how can I get a job where I don't have to wear a suit?