Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3005590 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Why does it feel like all the money I save by cycling rather than using the Tube ends up being spent on ... cycling related stuff.  :-\

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Why does it feel like all the money I save by cycling rather than using the Tube ends up being spent on ... cycling related stuff.  :-\

What, and not "and then some"?
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

my Rohan's appear to have shrunk in the wash ???

My salopettes have shrunk in the cupboard :-(

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
You think you've got it bad?  Our cupboard's shrinking!

I tried to open the Surreal Thread but the server couldn't understand the request.
@SandyV1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SandyV1

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
On Thursday, Mrs. Wow and I will be going to That London. Our Christmas pressie from our kids is tickets to see "An Ideal Husband" at the Vaudeville Theatre. We will be visiting the V & A before that to have a look at an exhibition of ancient Chinese silky things such as might have adorned kings & emperors and suchlike.

We will also be consuming food.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
I think I've got a David Blaine starting on my big toe  :(

border-rider

Our sofa & chair came back from the re-upholsterer today. Yeah !

Look like new :)

The chaps in the van were very confident they'd get here - they did - but less so they'd get out. We had some fun pushing the van back up the lane.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
When I look at the Christmas presents I've wrapped tonight, it's hard to believe I have opposable thumbs. They look like they were done by a seal with a broken flipper.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

When I look at the Christmas presents I've wrapped tonight, it's hard to believe I have opposable thumbs. They look like they were done by a seal with a broken flipper.

I watched my brother in law wrap a present last year. It was a nice, simple rectangular box.

Afterwards, in private, I asked my sister if he really was that hopeless, or putting it on. She said he was putting it on, but only a bit...

I managed to buy mostly things in rectangular boxes this year, or books. Simples! <meerkat>
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

When I buy things which come in rectangular boxes I keep the boxes which I think may be present-sized, or slightly larger, so I can put presents in them. There are nests of boxes in the spare room.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

I have three options:

1. buy a new front light
2. have a dynohub wheel built and get a Cyo or IQ Fly, but this won't match the rear wheel....
3. Sort all the problems I have with my "everyday" frankenbike (ok for pop to shop, trailer hauling but too short and twitchy for fitting laden panniers and touring) and do a full £2k+ n+1 on a Thorn Raven.

I discussed this with MiniQ who, for once for a generally angst-ridden teenager, showed great wisdom and without a hint of sarcasm told me that I'm getting on and should just get the bike and enjoy it.

Well, that's her university fund going out the window ;D

OMG The Dukes of Hazard are on TV, now there's a blast from the past!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Homework!

When I was 11 or 12, hw for one geography lesson was to watch D of H. Geog teacher said, obviously trying to hide his unprepared lesson, that it was the perfect TV program because it had something for everyone - pretty women for men, good looking men for women and cars for children!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Last night I dreamt that all of the potholes that I know about had been fixed properly with lovely long stretches of smooth tarmac, that it was spring, warm and bright and I was out on my bike.   Then the sodding alarm went off...
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

jogler

• mojo operandi
OMG The Dukes of Hazard are on TV, now there's a blast from the past!

That's relatively recent.I have discovered that at 3pm every afternoon TCM are showing RAWHIDE  :thumbsup:Clint Eastwood looking like he's barely of an age to shave is like time travelling.
When I was a kid my social street life was organised around this cowboy series :)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
I've decided to take a few extra days holiday.  Once I finish this afternoon I don't have to be back until 4 January  :thumbsup:
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Cudzoziemiec

Two out of the six chocolate Santas I bought have somehow sunk to the bottom of the bag and got squashed by the other shopping. They won't look good on the tree or to give to the nephews, so they may have to be consigned to immediate consumption!

Re: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their
« Reply #2768 on: 22 December, 2010, 01:19:53 pm »
Two out of the six chocolate Santas I bought have somehow sunk to the bottom of the bag and got squashed by the other shopping. They won't look good on the tree or to give to the nephews, so they may have to be consigned to immediate consumption!
Shouldn't that be in the good news thread? :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Cudzoziemiec

Yes, it probably should! I was going to add a bit about how I was just texting Mrs Cudzo to tell her this when she rang, but the phone didn't actually ring for some reason - the only way I knew someone was calling was a little handset sign appeared above the text box. But then that seemed too long a post - so I've made it longer!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Today has been a day of quite reprehensible conspicuous consumption as a whole army of delivery persons lined up at our door to deliver a variety of goods, including a weather station, a dishwasher, a shiva plug, some YACF badges and, specifically for Mrs. Wow, some ornate wooden crochet hooks.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

I'm just about to be photographed 'working' at my desk, for a Velo Vision feature....

As I was waiting to cross a road at a pedestrian crossing this lunchtime, I could see a blind man with a guide dog on the other side of the road, waiting to cross towards my side, holding up a little yellow sign saying "help welcome". He was surrounded by about a dozen people ignoring his sign.

So I crossed the road on red, asked him how I could help, and waited with him until the lights turned green for him so he could cross too.

What kind of morons ignore someone who's obviously asking for help?!

clarion

• Tyke
I'm just about to be photographed 'working' at my desk, for a Velo Vision feature....

:thumbsup:  Velovision is always improved by increasing the number of Arch pictures :) :-*
Getting there...

:thumbsup:  Velovision is always improved by increasing the number of Arch pictures :) :-*

Sweetie! It'll be a very small Arch picture, just my head visible round the side of my monitor...