Author Topic: Owayo Jersey sizing  (Read 5774 times)

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
Owayo Jersey sizing
« on: 14 May, 2010, 09:16:14 am »
I don't understand the Jersey sizing thing for Owaya

I think that the Mille Cymru jerseys are Owaya and their sizing chart is pit to pit.  I measured myself pit to pit and it was 58cm which is a XXL

For the YACF jersey there is a completely different sizing chart.  I measured my chest circumference and it is 99cm which is a size L

Hopefully at least one of them will fit  ;D

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Re: Owaya Jersey sizing
« Reply #1 on: 14 May, 2010, 09:45:57 am »
We have just got some Owaya jerseys for the club anniversary top ( a reprise of the club's original black and white jersey from the 1930's).

Large/XL are comparable to IMPsport. M & S are slightly smaller than IMPsport but not by much.

For those at the Wheelers 10 on Wednesday, there may be a first competitive outing of this spiffing new kit. (And having personalised tops and shorts isn't pretentious at all - honest)

If you let me know your sizes then I can let you know if the XL jersey I have will fit.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #2 on: 14 May, 2010, 10:56:29 am »
Having just taken delivery of about 150 Owayo jerseys for MacRide my comment on size would be that if you are familiar with Endura sizing (as in the old acf stuff) then Owayo sizing is one less ... i.e.   Endura Large = Owayo XLarge - across the range.

(I have re-labelled the Owayo packaging to reflect more "normal" UK sizing)

BTW - the Owayo product is EXCELLENT and delivery from approval of the design was just under 3 weeks, fantastic service ... and a knockout price too.

(If I've tempted you ..... MacRide jerseys are on sale at  MacRide - for Macmillan Cancer Support  )

Rob

David Martin

« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2010, 11:01:23 am »

BTW - the Owayo product is EXCELLENT and delivery from approval of the design was just under 3 weeks, fantastic service ... and a knockout price too.

I'll second the delivery and quality of construction. The jersey fabric is quite light, as expected from a summer jersey so the white band on ours is a touch transparent. Zips are not the best quality though. It does seem hard to find good ones.

Our jerseys and shorts were individually printed with our names - probably not the cheapest option so the definition of 'knockout price' might be different to yours. How much did you pay per jersey?

..d

robgul

« Reply #4 on: 14 May, 2010, 12:02:14 pm »

I'll second the delivery and quality of construction. The jersey fabric is quite light, as expected from a summer jersey so the white band on ours is a touch transparent. Zips are not the best quality though. It does seem hard to find good ones.

Our jerseys and shorts were individually printed with our names - probably not the cheapest option so the definition of 'knockout price' might be different to yours. How much did you pay per jersey?

..d

I can't answer that as the whole deal was quite complex - we have jersey logo sponsors that funded the whole project (which means all sales revenue goes to the charity) and Owayo "contributed" with a charity-related deal and an on-jersey advert.

Rob

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #5 on: 14 May, 2010, 06:33:12 pm »
Having your name printed is a free option, which I have so far resisted because it makes the whole thing even more complicated.  Most cycling clubs don't have 12 alternative colours.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #6 on: 14 May, 2010, 06:34:08 pm »
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

David Martin

« Reply #7 on: 14 May, 2010, 06:46:07 pm »
We have just got some Owaya jerseys for the club anniversary top ( a reprise of the club's original black and white jersey from the 1930's).

Belted Galloway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What was that quote about a peloton and cows?

Re: Owayo Jersey sizing
« Reply #8 on: 02 February, 2011, 07:53:08 pm »
Having read all the various threads referring to Owayo sizing and their own guidance, I seem to be right in between medium & large. I know, large is probably safer but I don't want it to be too flappy, snug is fine but not too tight or too short.

Can anybody provide a direct comparison between an Owayo medium or large and an Endura medium please?

I'm right between Endura small & medium - small is as small as I can get away with and medium is a bit bigger than I'd normally choose. So if owayo L exactly = endura M I'll have to go for the large but if I can figure out if one of the owayo sizes is a teeny bit bigger than endura S or a bit smaller than endura M that'll be the one for me.

robgul

« Reply #9 on: 03 February, 2011, 09:14:55 am »
Having read all the various threads referring to Owayo sizing and their own guidance, I seem to be right in between medium & large. I know, large is probably safer but I don't want it to be too flappy, snug is fine but not too tight or too short.

Can anybody provide a direct comparison between an Owayo medium or large and an Endura medium please?

I'm right between Endura small & medium - small is as small as I can get away with and medium is a bit bigger than I'd normally choose. So if owayo L exactly = endura M I'll have to go for the large but if I can figure out if one of the owayo sizes is a teeny bit bigger than endura S or a bit smaller than endura M that'll be the one for me.

Having purchased jerseys for MacRide ( MacRide - for Macmillan Cancer Support - never miss a chance) from both Endura and Owayo we simply took the Owayo size and called it one size less in "UK size" which is pretty much the same as Endura   - i.e a UK Medium is supplied as an Owayo Large to our purchasers (we have relabelled the bags with an explanatory note).

... if you want to try an Owayo  MacRide I have about 150 here at the moment in all sizes from S to 3XL ... - or if you want to buy one they're £28.50 a throw (with size exchange subject to stock)

Rob

« Reply #10 on: 03 February, 2011, 10:01:13 am »
Thanks Rob. I'd noted your advice above about the size difference but, like I say, since I'm between Endura sizes a smidgen either way could make a difference.

Current jersey budget is fully allocated for a while I'm afraid but I will check out the macride date nearer the time to see if I can make it this year - you will remind us won't you?  ;)