Author Topic: LEL 2013 - DIY and route-checking  (Read 2288 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
LEL 2013 - DIY and route-checking
« on: 09 November, 2010, 02:28:27 pm »
An excellent idea, and the ArrivĂ©e pages give all the right info and encouragement. It's very reassuring to see the route available for testing nearly 3 years in advance  :thumbsup:

I'm now reconsidering whether to ride next time! Perhaps I'll just test out the new route north from family nr Pocklington.

Anyone know what month Danial did his test ride on p20?

Can't find an existing thread for this - I think it's been discussed on AUK-Yahoo, but  not YACF. I even looked here !
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

DanialW

Re: LEL 2013 - DIY and route-checking
« Reply #1 on: 09 November, 2010, 03:16:03 pm »
No idea

DanialW

« Reply #2 on: 09 November, 2010, 03:19:05 pm »
But seriously, I did it the last weekend in July, so the same weekend of the year of the event.

I also rode Edinburgh to Eskdalemuir last week, and noted that the road has been resurfaced.

« Reply #3 on: 09 November, 2010, 03:21:55 pm »
Anyone know what month Danial did his test ride on p20?

700km Perm on 1st August?

Also I remember seeing one post. Aha... DIY events
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #4 on: 10 November, 2010, 11:19:11 am »
I think Ill do some of this. I'm not that far from Pocklington so should be able to do a north and a south of distances yet to be decided!

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #5 on: 21 November, 2011, 01:32:23 pm »
The audax-salop@tiscali.co.uk email address given on the LEL DIY page is bouncing, address unknown.
Does anyone have an address that works?

(Although I'm planning to ride a bit in April I was hoping to while away the winter evenings planning and replanning the route from York to the finish of LEL.)
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

JohnHamilton

« Reply #6 on: 21 November, 2011, 01:43:16 pm »
Ooops. Sorry, been tidying up my email addresses - thought I'd got everywhere audax-salop was listed.

Full details of the LEL DIY perm (including my email) are on the AUK Perms listing. Or feel free to PM me.

We've had a number of folk out and riding bits of it this year, and gained some useful feedback. Most of it is more or less settled now, but there's a few areas still to work on.

And even though we've pretty much decided the route, we still need people to ride it, and ride it again to test the route sheet out to destruction, at all times of day & night. So as we go through 2012 and into 2013 we'll be looking for riders to get involved in this.