Author Topic: Alouicious's top tips for going longer  (Read 11768 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Alouicious's top tips for going longer
« Reply #25 on: 08 April, 2011, 04:36:00 pm »
You do, of course, run the risk of being mistaken for an elitist bigot...
Getting there...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #26 on: 08 April, 2011, 04:37:35 pm »
I'm so, so sorry. I post here. Lots.
I'm too disabled to mount a bike so I get nostalgic about my glory days. I hope my experiences may help some people so I post.
I suppose I'm a back seat cyclist.
Sorry for existing.

<insert smiley of choice>

« Reply #27 on: 08 April, 2011, 04:40:52 pm »
Of the three dozen or so AUK members with SRs who post on this chatboard, you are making yourself look like an 'old boys club' and not at all friendly.

Nope.  Wrong.  I hadn't done an audax before coming here; I gained the impression they were friendly and open.  I did one as a consequence.  If I had time I'd be doing more.

I do not consider my contributions worthless, although there are members of the 'old', or should I say 'schoolboys club' who think they are.

Your contributions, in their current form, are often arrogant drivel.  I can't quite make my mind up whether this is a communications issue on your part or genuine ***.

If something is an opinion or idea, just state it as such.  That's how most of us normal fallible people communicate effectively.  Phrasing every idea (good or stupid) as God's Own Rule just makes you look stupid.

Lurkers and prospective AUK members who are reading this, let me say "Normal AUK members are not like the rabble on this chatboard. Don't be put off by elitism and bigotry. Don't let them be the 'bad apple' that spoils your bunch. There are 4175 other AUK members who are nice people".

I don't think you need to worry about those other posters.

Alouicious

« Reply #28 on: 09 April, 2011, 07:42:04 am »
Seeings this Thread is dedicated to me, I'll contribute 'at will'.

Some people thrive on adrenaline, and just ride through the barrier to get their 'second wind'.

For me, this happens after about three hours. If I eat something, I delay the adrenaline and sink back into feelings of exhaustion.
After another three hours, I stuff my face with fat laden protein snacks ( Big Macs ) and cups of full milk Latte.

That keeps me going for another six hours. Then the whole thing repeats.

When the adrenaline hits on a calendar 200 and you feel like you're flying, when you arrive at the finish well ahead of everyone else, you get temped to shout out "I've won, I've won". The organiser and others present think you are a complete arsehole.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #29 on: 09 April, 2011, 09:47:36 am »
please do not feed the.......
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Alouicious

« Reply #30 on: 10 April, 2011, 05:36:41 pm »
Thankfully, I have a cast iron belly, and can tuck into fried eggs, sausages, bacon and real black pudding at Dobbies garden centre on the Shrewsbury by-pass on the way to Tywyn.

They do a 'Cinco' espresso there if you ask nicely. ( 5 )