Author Topic: PBP - Anyone Want to Share Transport ?  (Read 3242 times)

PBP - Anyone Want to Share Transport ?
« on: 19 May, 2011, 09:55:17 pm »
Hi, now my qualifiers are in the bag (waiting for homogenisation!) & the memories of the BCM have faded to a a pleasant glow of triumph I am making my transport plans. I intend to drive to the start in my trusty minibus via the channel tunnel. The plan is to take the midnight crossing on Friday night for the cheap price, to start the body clock acclimatisation for the start time & return via the midnight crossing (or later) on the following Friday. I intend to camp when I get there but have not got a site identified yet, the bus has space for at least four others plus bikes & gear. So does any one wish to share diesel & a trip across France with me? Camping is not compulsory I’ll drop you off at your hotel no problem (as long as it is the right side of Paris). I live in Dunstable just north of London so can pick up anyone on a reasonable path to Folkestone on the way.

Re: PBP - Anyone Want to Share Transport ?
« Reply #1 on: 22 May, 2011, 08:35:59 am »
Sorry, forgot to say if you do then send me a PM.

« Reply #2 on: 05 July, 2011, 08:29:51 pm »
Just an update to put this back up the list. Details so far 4 probables including me & 1 possible so space for 1 more to make 6 which should be comfortable for all & bikes on the inside. Ferry booked for Friday night to Friday night midnight crossings. Budget all up cost currently at circa. £100. the Filthy bus is set to sail.

« Reply #3 on: 08 July, 2011, 11:36:39 am »
Change my status from 'possible' to 'definitely'. The train (including bike space) to Stevenage is booked.

Tobias

« Reply #4 on: 08 July, 2011, 07:01:12 pm »
Hi Filthy

i was planning to drive from Bristol and catch the portsmouth-le harve crossing (friday-friday).  However, if you still have space that would be good.  Is it possible for me to leave my car up at yours for a week?  My old companion isn't riding this time so it would be good to share the travel costs and company with others.

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #5 on: 08 July, 2011, 08:20:29 pm »
Lordy, I'm on the filthy bus and in Bristol. I was going to get train but if you've room for another bike/person and want to share travel costs, give me a shout!
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #6 on: 09 July, 2011, 09:40:16 am »
Filthy hasn't replied yet, but yes happy to share travel and costs.  I think i may have rode Avalon Sunrise with you before you stopped at Pilton.  Luke

Nonsteeler

• If nothing goes wrong, I go wrong.
    • Elsewhere
« Reply #7 on: 09 July, 2011, 01:06:47 pm »
Hi, now my qualifiers are in the bag (waiting for homogenisation!) & the memories of the BCM have faded ...

Nah, top of milk is fine - homogenisation is for sissy milk drinkers who fear fat. Anyway 'homologation' is such a pretentious word, we should replace it with proper diary dairy products; French cheese has apparently a good reputation ...
Sadly, melancholy doesn't pay my rent.

« Reply #8 on: 12 July, 2011, 09:52:33 pm »
Sorry for not replying Lordy, I have already got a 5th to make six of us but there are enough seats for 7 it just makes it more cosy in the back. The bus is a 13 seater LDV convoy, the plan is to remove 5 seats, in fact i've already done this to move some 4' 8' plaster board but thats another story (new bathroom before pbp for browny points - its going to be a tight run thing). So that leaves 8 seats which is still ok but I need to check that others are ok with this. Obviously the costs go down with another willing contributer, Car can stay at mine on the drive.
I'm amused to see its taken thus far for a comment on milk processing........

« Reply #9 on: 14 July, 2011, 10:16:17 pm »
Thanks filthy, did you get my personal mail?

« Reply #10 on: 15 July, 2011, 11:48:58 am »
Yes thanks polling the others on space in the bus. Hope to get back to youn next week. I'm on the Dun Run tomorrow.

« Reply #11 on: 18 July, 2011, 09:18:43 pm »
Dun-run done, a jolly good ride with a tail wind & no rain. I had a minor disaster with my seat but thats another story (rails broke behind the clamp). The polls are positive so welcome aboard Lordy, the bus is now full - sorry to others.

« Reply #12 on: 18 July, 2011, 09:40:27 pm »
Great news, really appreciate late acceptance on the filthy bus,I'll pm you regards payment.

« Reply #13 on: 26 July, 2011, 07:43:02 am »
Hi Filthy

Did you get the PM regarding payment.  Let me know how you want paying and where to meet you.

« Reply #14 on: 26 July, 2011, 10:39:41 pm »
Graham G

I have sent you a Pm re. sharing a lift from Bristol, did you receive it?

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #15 on: 27 July, 2011, 10:02:27 am »
Lordy - now back home and replied!

To all other on the Filthy bus - are you all camping? I'm conscious that my campsite booking appears to be for one tent rather than one person so if anyone doesn't have a camp space confirmed and needs tent space then let me know.
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #16 on: 13 August, 2011, 01:18:39 pm »
The Filthy Bus is all go!
On board are Filthy, Needham-Mat, ElCampensino, Lordy, akin, harvee, GrahamG.
Its big & white & full of bikes.
See you all there.

« Reply #19 on: 27 August, 2011, 08:12:53 pm »
Sorry technophobia - trying to upload imagaes of 'before & after' for the Filthy Bus Crew have nowgiven up) All finished' with some in very good times with particular admiration for Jeremy on his 'oldskool velo' as the passing Germans on the campsite comented. 'King of the Bus' was GrahamG with Akin a very close 2nd. I am incrediably pround of myself to have finish & have admiration for all participants & organisers.