Author Topic: PBP Audax & PBP Rando.  (Read 1763 times)

PBP Audax & PBP Rando.
« on: 10 June, 2011, 05:45:48 am »
We are going to our first PBP and will do it on tandem. We tried to get the early start at PBP Audax (10 july) but must accept the later (7 August). Would this be to near to the PBP Randoneur start at 21 August and make it impossible to recover properly.

Carsten & Dorte

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: PBP Audax & PBP Rando.
« Reply #1 on: 10 June, 2011, 08:16:06 am »
In 2009, HK rode the Gold Rush 1200, Madrid-Gijon-Madrid 1200 and London-Edinburgh-London 1400 at two-week intervals. John Evans added the Super-Brevet Scandinavia 1200 between MGM and LEL.

Provided you get enough sleep (between and during both PBPs) and don't over-exert yourselves during the first PBP (the Audax format assists in this aim), you'll be fine. HK and I rode an overnight UAF 400 the weekend after finishing the Texas 1200 a few weeks ago with no major problems, though more sleep would have been appreciated.

FWIW, HK and I have signed up for the early August session, as will most of the Anglophone PBP Audax entrants. We've also signed up for the 84 hr PBP Randonneur.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #2 on: 10 June, 2011, 09:11:14 am »
Thanks for the answer. We might have chosen wrong, but we have chosen the 90 hour PBP Rando. We don´t know if it would have been easier with 84 hours and the more riding in day time and more following our body´s sleeping pattern... Might have been a mistake.
Carsten

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #3 on: 10 June, 2011, 09:19:12 am »
Personally, I think the 90 hr start is the better choice for most folk but there isn't much in it.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...