Author Topic: PBP - Control closing times - small anomalies?  (Read 1824 times)

JStone

• E=112
PBP - Control closing times - small anomalies?
« on: 08 July, 2011, 05:04:12 pm »
Is it just me, or do the published control closing times  for the 90hr groups look a bit strange (page J2 of the details)? They're based on exactly 15kph as far as Fougeres (310km), but then go a bit haywire. For example, Fougeres-Tinteniac works out at 13.6kph, but Carhaix-Brest at 14.7kph and Quedillac-Tinteniac at 12.0kph (and it's not rounding errors). There seems to be no consistent trend.

NB - I ask solely out of curiosity, not to reopen cans of worms about over-distance rides, organisers, or interpretation of rules - and definitely not to criticise anyone. Only people sad enough to have stuck the numbers into a spreadsheet are likely to have noticed. It's only a few minutes at each control, but if they're publishing times to the nearest minute, why not make it the correct minute?

NB2 - I've only looked a control closing times - opening times have never been an issue for me

NB3 - those of us likely to be using the full 90 hours need to account for every last minute  ;)
Néophyte > 2007 > Ancien > 2011 > Récidiviste

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: PBP - Control closing times - small anomalies?
« Reply #1 on: 08 July, 2011, 05:09:21 pm »
The ACP don't conform to their own published rules regarding control closing times (or the LRM's rules for 1200s) and never have.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Re: PBP - Control closing times - small anomalies?
« Reply #2 on: 11 July, 2011, 11:35:26 pm »
I see what you mean. It looks as though you need to whastle through the first 300km before you can luxour in the time allowance of the event distance.
O'LEL what have I done!