Author Topic: PBP - parking for my VAN?  (Read 1900 times)

PBP - parking for my VAN?
« on: 15 August, 2011, 03:43:26 pm »
Hi,

I signed up for the parking at PBP and have just noticed there is a height restriction of 1.9 meters... I was planning on bringing my van which is 2meter as the bike fits easily in it and it's secure and I planned on filling it up with crates of wine on the way home!

I'm looking at google earth and the village ... I have read the roads that you are not allowed to park on, does anyone know if you can park on the streets that aren't listed?  And is there space generally parking or will it be rammed by everyone else?  I won't be arriving until about 5 on Saturday... Worst case I could take my wifes car, but it's not ideal for this sort of thing.  I don't mind riding/walking a ways anyway and I'm actually staying in Paris until Sunday after the ride, so assume I will have to find somewhere else to park after Thursday anyway...

Any advice is appreciated!

KieronY

• N007
PBP - parking for my VAN?
« Reply #1 on: 15 August, 2011, 08:24:54 pm »
I'm not sure about the parking situation in SQY but perhaps for your return it is worth noting within the city of Paris parking is free in most places during the month of August. http://www.paris.fr/stationnementaout

The streets are pretty quiet at the moment and parking spaces aren't too hard to find. Look for streets where the pay points have a large yellow dot next to the P. They will also say on them below the list of parking fees «Gratuit les samedis, dimanches, jours fériés et mois d’août ».

Although I doubt you will get a fine, it is considered bad form to occupy bays marked for loading/delivery <Livraison> for lengthy periods during the day.

Re: PBP - parking for my VAN?
« Reply #2 on: 16 August, 2011, 11:01:52 am »
Hi, thanks... I guess I've decided to take the Prius anyway - just seems easier than searching around for parking places.. granted things are fairly dead in August ...  as I'm not using the van to sleep in this time anyway, I don't really need it.  I'll bring my small bike rack with so I can put the bike on the back and load up the inside with wine on the way back! so all is not lost after all ;-)

Re: PBP - parking for my VAN?
« Reply #3 on: 16 August, 2011, 11:14:10 am »
I planned on filling it up with crates of wine on the way home!

Good point! 

Mal Volio - don't bring the Matt Chester we're ditching the bikes at the hypermarket!  ;D