Author Topic: PBP - Official PBP jersey swap anyone?  (Read 4081 times)

lord hereford

• Chapeau!
PBP - Official PBP jersey swap anyone?
« on: 27 August, 2011, 05:26:00 pm »
I ordered a jersey when I registered but was not aware that it was manufactured in Italy by little people....
I now have a large size jersey that it a leetle too small. Anyone got an XL that is too big for them and wants to do a swapsie?

The bloke on the stall handing out pre-ordered jerseys shook his head when he looked at me and handed over a Large size - but then refused to let me go large (XL). He was the only volunteer out of the entire event that wasn't extremely helpful.

Lord H
"Mister Zoot Horn Rollo, hit that long lunar note,
and let it float. " - Don Van Vliet, R.I.P.

border-rider

Re: PBP - Official PBP jersey swap anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 27 August, 2011, 05:29:40 pm »
If all else fails, I have an XL one that's 17 sizes too small for me that you can have.  I'm never going to wear it.

Re: Official PBP jersey swap anyone?
« Reply #2 on: 27 August, 2011, 05:38:09 pm »
Pretty much everybody was getting turned away when I was hanging around.

I thought XXXL would be ok, surely I don't need a Hummers size 4X, but sadly yes!

Not wanting to get too obsessed about the whole thing [knowing I could easily have done], I started swapping down, making other people happy [this is what Hummers did, then in the process he got lucky and went up to 4X], so I tried this strategy. Didn't quite work in the same way for me though - I went from XXXL down to XXL [making somebody happy] then down to XL [making somebody else happy], then I ended up with and XL, utterly ueless to me.....so I gave it to Salvatore at the camp site. And he was happy with it.

And that was that  :)
Garry Broad

lord hereford

• Chapeau!
« Reply #3 on: 27 August, 2011, 09:09:42 pm »
Mal, thanks for the offer. I have sent you a message.

Lord H
"Mister Zoot Horn Rollo, hit that long lunar note,
and let it float. " - Don Van Vliet, R.I.P.

« Reply #4 on: 27 August, 2011, 09:13:07 pm »
I was reticent to order a 4XL but I'm now bloody glad I did...

border-rider

« Reply #5 on: 27 August, 2011, 09:25:26 pm »
Mal, thanks for the offer. I have sent you a message.

Lord H

<slightly embarassed>

No longer available, sorry  :-[

trixie

« Reply #6 on: 27 August, 2011, 09:42:16 pm »
I'm a little person, prepared to buy a small or medium (I'm a size 8/10 girl!).  Please send PM if interested.

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #7 on: 28 August, 2011, 06:44:53 am »
The worst thing indignity was the shirt swap; standing in front of someone with their shirt off looking at them thinking "bloody hell, I'm not that fat am I?" and realising that if you are fighting over the same shirt, you probably are.

H

« Reply #8 on: 28 August, 2011, 08:59:49 am »
The worst thing indignity was the shirt swap; standing in front of someone with their shirt off looking at them thinking "bloody hell, I'm not that fat am I?" and realising that if you are fighting over the same shirt, you probably are.

H

I scored a Seattle Randonneurs PBP jersey from a chap who looked a trifle, well, stout.  It fits perfectly.  Hmmmm..

Simonb

« Reply #9 on: 28 August, 2011, 12:00:29 pm »
I ordered an XL -- bit too tight before the ride, but fits perfectly now. Just can't afford to put on any weight at all!

NRB

• I'm doing this for fun, not for charity
« Reply #10 on: 28 August, 2011, 12:15:22 pm »
Target for next PBP - fit the shirt from 2011

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #11 on: 28 August, 2011, 01:40:03 pm »
I ordered a jersey when I registered but was not aware that it was manufactured in Italy by little people....
I now have a large size jersey that it a leetle too small. Anyone got an XL that is too big for them and wants to do a swapsie?

The bloke on the stall handing out pre-ordered jerseys shook his head when he looked at me and handed over a Large size - but then refused to let me go large (XL). He was the only volunteer out of the entire event that wasn't extremely helpful.

Lord H

My XL is a comfortable (loose ish) fit, but I have put on nearly a stone so would be more than happy to swap in anticipation of losing the weight now that all the long distance rides are over.
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #12 on: 28 August, 2011, 01:49:52 pm »
My large jerseys were too big  :)

I managed to swop one with a chap for a medium so now have a spare size large if anyone wants to buy it off me.
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

« Reply #13 on: 28 August, 2011, 08:47:01 pm »

[/quote]

My XL is a comfortable (loose ish) fit, but I have put on nearly a stone so would be more than happy to swap in anticipation of losing the weight now that all the long distance rides are over.
[/quote]

Hi - I have a large and could do with something bigger - would you like to swap?
Cheers,
Simon

Maverick

• One of the rural idle
    • Twoberries
PBP Shirts
« Reply #14 on: 13 September, 2011, 02:14:34 pm »
Is it possible to still buy the official PBP top?
I was hit by a car when wearing my hard earned PBP top for the first time on Sunday (some detail here - http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=44387.msg1042916#msg1042916 ). Despite some desperate pleading on my part the staff in A & E insisted on cutting it off. If at all possible I would like to replace this top. If it is not possible to buy another one, does anyone know of someone out there who has a top they won't be wearing who may wish to sell it. (size M or L would fit).

flobble

Re: PBP Shirts
« Reply #15 on: 13 September, 2011, 02:25:03 pm »
There are a number of people who were surprised by the "Italian sizing", so you might be lucky. I didn't order one, and regretted it when I got to SQY, but was fortunate enough to find a kind soul willing to sell theirs.

Hope you're mending well.

Re: PBP Shirts
« Reply #16 on: 13 September, 2011, 02:46:16 pm »
Mav, if you can find one that's XXXXL then I'll swap my XL one for yours. Italian Sizing indeed.
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #17 on: 13 September, 2011, 02:57:40 pm »
Gotta be worth asking abroad e.g. French/German forums (just based on numbers!)

In '07 lots of DNF riders sold their shirts in shame (I had no shame so bought a couple, one for my Dad).
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

LEE

« Reply #18 on: 13 September, 2011, 03:16:21 pm »
After the worry of whether a 2XL jersey would be too baggy for me, it turned out to be a perfect fit. 
Turns out that the chest measurement size guide on the PBP order form was perfectly accurate (for my torso anyway).

Still hurts that I'm a Marks & Sparks "M" but an Italian "2XL"

chillmoister

• King of Compton
« Reply #19 on: 13 September, 2011, 03:35:51 pm »
my post ride diet regime / struggle is wholly based on the desire to stay within my 3XL jersey!  I do confess to have searched the interweb for a 4XL as a backup plan!
appearing in a tea room near you

« Reply #20 on: 13 September, 2011, 03:54:56 pm »
You may be in luck Martin.  PM on its way.

GWS.

Anyone got an XL they don't want?

« Reply #21 on: 13 September, 2011, 04:18:19 pm »
Still hurts that I'm a Marks & Sparks "M" but an Italian "2XL"

My PBP M fits fine(same as Owayo M really). Do Marks & Sparks have 2XS for men?
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been too many days since I have ridden through the night with a brevet card in my pocket...