Author Topic: PBP AUK member photos  (Read 7416 times)

PBP AUK member photos
« on: 12 September, 2011, 08:44:52 pm »
I've deleted my original PBP album from Picasa and replaced it with the first of a dozen or so to follow. This time I've made the images a lot larger to view easily, but I have now added a watermark. This first album is mainly Audax UK members taken at the start, along the route and at the finish, including the final straight into the arrivée. There are one or two names missing, because the frame number wasn't displayed, so if anyone can fill in the blanks, please let me know.

Albums to follow will be basically overseas riders from specific countries grouped together so they don't have to wade through thousands of images to hopefully find one of themselves.

All the images are available to purchase directly from me at twain@blueyonder.co.uk. They are generally between 4 to 6 Mb each (approximately 10in x 16in at 240dpi). They can be resized to A4 and beyond, A3 is possible. I can size them to your spec if you wish, eg 7x5, 10x8, A4 etc. Please send the exact file number as listed under "Photo Information" eg MG 6407 so I can quickly find the exact image on my HD without having to go through the Picasa website (please don't use "Photo 444").

Prices are £3 per image. You can pay by PayPal direct to my email address, cheque or coins or bank notes.

I hope you like them and think mine and Mark's time and effort were worthwhile.

Tim

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
Re: PBP AUK member photos
« Reply #1 on: 12 September, 2011, 08:48:19 pm »
Hi Tim,

Where can I find links to the albums?

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #2 on: 12 September, 2011, 08:57:09 pm »
here

Do I get a commission for doing Tim's advertising for him?  ;)

« Reply #3 on: 12 September, 2011, 09:02:41 pm »

red marley

« Reply #4 on: 12 September, 2011, 09:25:08 pm »
Some classy photos there Tim. Nice one.

I particularly like this one of Arabella and Mark, and Willesden's finest. And wasn't this chap on Crimewatch last month?.

Oh, and do you know where I can get one of those helmets with massive antlers?

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #5 on: 12 September, 2011, 09:31:07 pm »
Good work Tim, I'm # 162 & 163  :thumbsup:

Will be placing an order tomorrow.
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

« Reply #6 on: 12 September, 2011, 10:10:17 pm »
As expected better quality as Maindru. I waited for this ;). Do you rank the foreign AUKs under their country of residence or among the other AUK members?

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #7 on: 12 September, 2011, 10:44:39 pm »
Great pics Tim.

H

« Reply #8 on: 12 September, 2011, 11:03:57 pm »
I particularly like this one of Arabella and Mark

Yes, I like that one too, kind of stylish, it's got 'Brochure 2015' written all over it.  :)
I rather like this one too.
Garry Broad

« Reply #9 on: 12 September, 2011, 11:35:14 pm »
As expected better quality as Maindru. I waited for this ;). Do you rank the foreign AUKs under their country of residence or among the other AUK members?

Hi Ivo

I'll be uploading albums for each individual country as listed by the ACP listing, as I don't know which country each rider resides in.

I've just added Australia and will gradually work through the alphabet.

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #10 on: 13 September, 2011, 12:04:17 am »
Well done, Tim and Mark. I will be ordering some. :)
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

« Reply #11 on: 13 September, 2011, 04:11:20 am »
I'll be uploading albums for each individual country as listed by the ACP listing, as I don't know which country each rider resides in.

By frame number series or by listed citizenship? That's not always the same. Being an AUK member I participated on a Belgian number (International club listed with the Belgian federation) and having Dutch citizenship, sometimes wearing a Dutch shirt and sometimes a Belgian one. OK, I know, I make a mess of it (as is the tradition of my town).

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #12 on: 13 September, 2011, 08:55:17 am »

By frame number series or by listed citizenship? That's not always the same. Being an AUK member I participated on a Belgian number (International club listed with the Belgian federation) and having Dutch citizenship, sometimes wearing a Dutch shirt and sometimes a Belgian one. OK, I know, I make a mess of it (as is the tradition of my town).

There is an obvious solution, Ivo; wear a Willesden jersey!

border-rider

« Reply #13 on: 13 September, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Indeed. Willesden membership is entirely independent of geography ;)

« Reply #14 on: 13 September, 2011, 09:28:28 am »
...and Willesden's finest...

...who rode a very good event.

(I'm ignoring your last comment)

LEE

« Reply #15 on: 13 September, 2011, 09:30:33 am »
Great photos, it's just a shame our paths didn't cross on the road.

Your photos are better then the MAINDRU "official" ones in that they seem to give a sense of location.  The official ones of me could have been taken on a Hampshire commute, there is no sense of France or of a special, mass, ride about them at all.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #16 on: 13 September, 2011, 09:40:44 am »
As usual I managed to escape all the photos bhahaha!

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #17 on: 13 September, 2011, 09:42:31 am »
Great photos, it's just a shame our paths didn't cross on the road.

Your photos are better then the MAINDRU "official" ones in that they seem to give a sense of location.  The official ones of me could have been taken on a Hampshire commute, there is no sense of France or of a special, mass, ride about them at all.

I agree with Lee.  That's one reason I didn't get the Maindru ones, most of them could have been taken outside my house.

« Reply #18 on: 13 September, 2011, 09:45:40 am »
Very happy I didn't buy any of the Maindru ones...
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

border-rider

« Reply #19 on: 13 September, 2011, 09:48:39 am »
I bought one Maindru one, the one that's now my avatar, because it was pretty atmospheric. The rest were not terribly inspiring.  I've got a good one from 2003; they seemed to get it right that year.

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #20 on: 13 September, 2011, 12:55:42 pm »
I've ordered 5 thanks & I reckon there are so many of me as you thought I was Alex Greenbank  ;)

Not sure if you send them by e-mail or in the post so you have all my details.

Many thanks  :thumbsup:
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #21 on: 13 September, 2011, 01:21:35 pm »
I get the sneaking suspicion that a 9pm free start and a finish at ~2 am was probably the best way of avoiding anyones photos and videos!
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #22 on: 13 September, 2011, 01:37:12 pm »
There is an obvious solution, Ivo; wear a Willesden jersey!

I saved mine for next sundays classics ride.

« Reply #23 on: 13 September, 2011, 01:40:44 pm »
I bought one Maindru one, the one that's now my avatar, because it was pretty atmospheric. The rest were not terribly inspiring.  I've got a good one from 2003; they seemed to get it right that year.

Indeed, the last year they didn't use a flash in bright daylight. That completely wrecks their photo's. The reflective stuff on the bikes is far too prominent. And on some other ones the sky is completely washed out. I've criticized them in Paris both in 2007 and this year. In 2007 one of their higher ups came to me and had to agree, he showed some shots where they got it right. This time the person I spoke was criticizing the new Canon camera's.
For me they look like point and shoot photographers who got a pro cam and kept on shooting like it was a point-and shoot. Not thinking, no careful selection of location and flash on auto. Maindru is not photography, it's assembly line production without any space for adjustment.

« Reply #24 on: 13 September, 2011, 02:12:54 pm »
I skipped the Maindru ones and paid Tim instead.

When I saw Tim's AUK "sunglasses off" sign on a climb on the way to Tinteniac, I pointed it out to the Canadian I was riding with and explained that Tim was one of ours. He was most impressed that we had even brought our own team photographer to France with us  :)