Author Topic: DIY Card orders  (Read 2983 times)

Creaky Knees

DIY Card orders
« on: 18 July, 2008, 10:34:54 am »
Sorry to post a boring subject but I've just had a message from Noodley saying that he was charged excess postage on his delivery of 6 DIY cards with standard stamp and C5 envelope.Apparently they were too fat!

It may be worthwhile people using a 'Large' letter stamp on all orders for 6 brevet cards and pay the few pence(6p) extra rather than the one pound and something fine.

Cards will not fit flat in a C5 envelope so have to be sent folded and this creates the problem. ::-)

Not sure how many people I've sent cards to have had this problem.Noodley is the first to say anything.

Boring bit over.

Happy Peddaling this weekend.

Lucy. 8)

border-rider

Re: DIY Card orders
« Reply #1 on: 18 July, 2008, 10:42:16 am »
Thanks Lucy - good info

I've added a link to your post onto the "DIY perms entry forms" thread, because that one is listed in the Audax FAQs sticky, so it keep the info together.

« Reply #2 on: 18 July, 2008, 11:21:10 am »
Thanks Lucy - good info

Yes.  (I think the extra is 16p rather than 6p)

« Reply #3 on: 18 July, 2008, 11:24:24 am »
Yup. Good advice!

If you want your own batch then send him a letter with the entry form asking for a load (6 for £10). If you do get 6 or more make sure the SAE you send him has a "Large" stamp on it rather than just a bog standard 1st class stamp.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Maladict

« Reply #4 on: 18 July, 2008, 11:26:50 am »
Yes - I used a large letter stamp when I ordered a batch.  Sometimes I think a C5 envelope with two folded C5 envelopes, a cheque and an entry form might be borderline too but they always seem to get to the organiser.

« Reply #5 on: 18 July, 2008, 06:59:18 pm »
I had an entry that was 1 C5 with 4 folded thick C5 envalopes 2 entry forms and 1 cheque,  Guess where I had to go Lunch time. :(

Geoff
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

« Reply #6 on: 18 July, 2008, 10:33:01 pm »
Noodley is the first to say anything.

I'm such a quiet retiring chap as well  ;)

I reckon the PO were being a bit arsy but they were able to show me that 6 folded cards did not fit their gauge.  I have had more audax stuff sent before, so had a check today of how it arrived.  It appears folding the card once may be the answer.  It shortens length and also is not as thick. 

But I'll just stick on a different stamp.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7 on: 19 July, 2008, 01:21:52 am »
Thanks Lucy - good info

Yes.  (I think the extra is 16p rather than 6p)

<pedant>
6p is the difference between an ordinary First Class stamp and a Second Class Large Letter stamp, as I found out when I had to pay £1.06 to receive a birthday card a few weeks ago.
There's a £1 handling fee for underpaid postage.
<pedant>