Author Topic: Herne Hill Cyclecross  (Read 3494 times)

Martin 14

• People too weak to follow their own dreams, will a
Herne Hill Cyclecross
« on: 29 December, 2012, 03:51:49 pm »
A few takes from Herne Hill Cyclecross on 23rd December:

People too weak to follow their own dreams, will always find a way to discourage yours

Majorbloodnok

• its no good, we'll have to drink our way out of it
Re: Herne Hill Cyclecross
« Reply #1 on: 30 December, 2012, 11:29:53 pm »
I love that one of no.6, if I knew how, I would Photoshop the guy on the left out (not sure if cropping takes too much of the picture out)

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #2 on: 31 December, 2012, 09:42:07 pm »
Nice work, perhaps could have done with some fill-in flash, but there's many a time I've not had a strobe with me either.

Martin 14

« Reply #3 on: 01 January, 2013, 03:54:02 pm »
Nice work, perhaps could have done with some fill-in flash, but there's many a time I've not had a strobe with me either.

I rarely use flash but on no 3&5 it was used :)
People too weak to follow their own dreams, will always find a way to discourage yours

« Reply #4 on: 01 January, 2013, 05:11:19 pm »
I love that one of no.6, if I knew how, I would Photoshop the guy on the left out (not sure if cropping takes too much of the picture out)

Probably not too difficult to do, since most of the image on that side is fairly random stuff, and a lot of it is out of focus, which lets you hide a lot.  You could probably just replicate bits from that side, or "borrowed" from the right hand side.

It's a shame the bottom of the image is missing, and I think it would be more challenging to insert that cleanly (if you had another image taken around the same time, with the same camera settings, you may have a chance).

There all very good photos.  I live 4 and 5, although I may personally have cropped 5 slightly more tightly, to remove the blurred tyre of the bike in front.

(That is however a minor criticism, they're all better photos than I'd manage to take!)
Actually, it is rocket science.

Martin 14

« Reply #5 on: 01 January, 2013, 06:30:09 pm »
There you go, goes against the grain of truthfullness for me :) and very quickly done in photoshop :)