Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1628383 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #6825 on: 08 September, 2015, 07:37:47 am »
You're not made of sugar!
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

ian

« Reply #6826 on: 08 September, 2015, 09:16:22 am »
You're not made of sugar!

The bears won't care. He probably smells of maple syrup.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #6827 on: 08 September, 2015, 12:15:28 pm »
If you thought Waterloo [sic] station was big enough to have more than one wheelchair-accessible toilet you would be wrong. I waited nearly half an hour to use a loo that was too small for my wheelchair.
GGGGRRRR!

Spending a penny or three (million)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6828 on: 08 September, 2015, 01:40:43 pm »
If you thought Waterloo [sic] station was big enough to have more than one wheelchair-accessible toilet you would be wrong. I waited nearly half an hour to use a loo that was too small for my wheelchair.
GGGGRRRR!

Spending a penny or three (million)

There's no charge if you have a RADAR key but ONE measly privy for a HUGE station is beyond a joke. Partner did offer to take me to the Royal Festival Hall, which I declined. Dragging 60kg me + 20kg wheelchair + 10kg luggage several hundred metres is no trivial task anyway.

A small suburban Caffè Nero has as many wheelchair loos as Waterloo.
Wonderful!

« Reply #6829 on: 08 September, 2015, 06:20:55 pm »
I checked the bikes this afternoon ready for the evening pootle.   We depart at the usual time.   By the top of the street (300m at best) my rear tyre is sagging. 

I'd like to thank the thoughtful individual who smashed a glass something-or-other over the road.   I didn't see the debris on the way up the street.

BAH!!!    :(

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #6830 on: 10 September, 2015, 02:45:57 pm »
My colleague has a pus-filled spot on her lower eyelid where an eyelash is ingrown, and she won't let me poke it out with a sterilised pin.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6831 on: 10 September, 2015, 04:40:11 pm »
Last 30k of drive home from LBS were spent as follows:

15k rural then urban behind a removals van
10k urban then rural behind a school bus, which in turn got boxed in behind a tractor towing a trailer with 2 bales of something green on.
5k rural, normally nice fast fun road, behind a clapped-out Renault with a driver who hit the brakes every time he went over 60 kph

Constant oncoming traffic, overtaking impossible, rubbish on the radio.  :demon:  :demon:  :demon:
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #6832 on: 10 September, 2015, 05:37:39 pm »
I am sorry I sat in that man's seat but a) why, on a train this busy, did he have a seat for him and a second one for his bag and b) why did he think just pointing at the bag when he came back was the way to communicate this fact? Of course my initial response was to pass him his bag.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #6833 on: 10 September, 2015, 06:22:40 pm »
Had he bought a second ticket for his bag?  Assuming he didn't, you definitely made the correct response, but why he couldn't have moved his own bag so he could sit down, I don't know.
Wombat

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #6834 on: 10 September, 2015, 07:38:53 pm »
That made me laugh Ashaman. I'd have done the same thing.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

fuzzy

« Reply #6835 on: 10 September, 2015, 11:20:06 pm »
Yes, the bench beside the bridleway in the middle of Quarry Wood gives spectacular views accross Marlow, the Thames and the weir but, why the fuck do you have to leave your drinks bottles and cans strewn all over the place you lazy fuckers. I crushed 5 plastic bottles and 3 beer cans and squeezed them into my NotCamleback after taking in the view myself and necking a PowerBar smoothie.

« Reply #6836 on: 12 September, 2015, 05:09:05 pm »
Had he bought a second ticket for his bag?  Assuming he didn't, you definitely made the correct response, but why he couldn't have moved his own bag so he could sit down, I don't know.

The bag was in the window seat so I just moved to the seat opposite and he reoccupied his aisle seat. I should have said something but was wrong footed by my misunderstanding so didn't think of it till afterwards.

Between him and the chap next to me in the morning who was manspreading such that I only had two-thirds of a seat it wasn't the nest day of train travel.  ::-)
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #6837 on: 14 September, 2015, 01:11:37 pm »
I crushed 5 plastic bottles and 3 beer cans and squeezed them into my NotCamleback after taking in the view myself and necking a PowerBar smoothie.

:thumbsup:
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #6838 on: 15 September, 2015, 07:50:36 am »
Earache.  Bah.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6839 on: 15 September, 2015, 08:22:43 am »
Bastard on-line merchants who don't clear discontinued items out of their databases so that you get a bunch of hits on Google followed by "currently unavailable" when you click them.

Hang'em.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #6840 on: 15 September, 2015, 08:34:25 am »
Feckin' Gosport Post Orifice... 

Yesterday I went in there to collect my Amazon parcel, and to post a parcel.  There is a queue of 20+ people, and one person serving.  i waited a couple of minutes and the queue didn't move at all, so I gave up.  when I got back to the offic I checked opening times, and all I found was a Post Office statement say "when the new post office opens soon, it will be from 7am to 6pm"  The new post orifice has indeed opened, right down the bottom of the High street, not up her near the Town Hall where Gosport's idea of action is. 

So, I walked down there as soon as I got to work this morning, at around 7-40.  was it open?  No, it bloody wasn't.  I got back here, looked it up again, get a different result from some independent information site, saying it opens at 9am.  So that'll really improve the service over the previous much derided post orifice that opened at 9am and only had one person serving, then?

Today (weather permitting) there are supposed to be Spitfires etc, flying over Gosport at lunchtime, so I am otherwise occupied.  Hopefully this time they will read their maps, unlike the recent alleged flypast when they were 5 miles off their published track, and totally avoided any populated areas, and the thousands of people waiting to see them in Portsmouth, Gosport, and the top of Portsdown Hill.  If they screw it up this time as well, it may escalate into a full rant.

Maybe one day Mrs W will get her birthday gift sent my Amazon.  The awkward thing is that I think they've only sent one of the two books, and my new headphones will arrive at the same place tomorrow, so I can see a lifetime of queueueueing at the post orifice ahead of me. 
Wombat

essexian

« Reply #6841 on: 15 September, 2015, 10:40:24 am »
I am on holiday tomorrow…my first proper holiday this year; a year which has been quite stressful. So really looking forward to it with plans made to finally do all of the Tissington and High Peak trails, a climb of the Malvern’s and Wrekin Hills, a couple of trips to the cinema and the theatre and a lunch or two with my lovely wife.

I was planning those…past tense as walking to the station this morning I tripped over and have pulled what I think it a tendon behind my left knee. I can’t walk not, let alone cycle.

Bugger and all that.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #6842 on: 15 September, 2015, 11:51:44 am »
I hope you heal quickly.  I've not been on any of the Malven walks recently butt the view from e Wrekin is beautiful.  If you were thinking of visiting Shropshire you could try the Cardining Mill Valley there are some flatter walks or you can take the car the the topic the Mynd - not the same as walking it but....

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6843 on: 15 September, 2015, 12:00:47 pm »
Bastard on-line merchants who don't clear discontinued items out of their databases so that you get a bunch of hits on Google followed by "currently unavailable" when you click them.

Hang'em.

+1

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6844 on: 15 September, 2015, 05:43:30 pm »
For the second consecutive day I have been deprived of my normally-daily fix of a killer sudoku puzzle from http://www.killersudokuonline.com/ . This is serious.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Paul

« Reply #6845 on: 15 September, 2015, 05:54:53 pm »
I am on holiday tomorrow…my first proper holiday this year; a year which has been quite stressful. So really looking forward to it with plans made to finally do all of the Tissington and High Peak trails, a climb of the Malvern’s and Wrekin Hills, a couple of trips to the cinema and the theatre and a lunch or two with my lovely wife.

I was planning those…past tense as walking to the station this morning I tripped over and have pulled what I think it a tendon behind my left knee. I can’t walk not, let alone cycle.

Bugger and all that.
That's pants. Get well soon.

Cinema, theatre and lunch all still do-able. In fact, recent experience on crutches is that you sometimes get better seats!

Paul

« Reply #6846 on: 16 September, 2015, 12:17:55 pm »
Is it so hard to make a butter dish that fits the shapes that butter generally comes in?

« Reply #6847 on: 16 September, 2015, 01:47:11 pm »
when they were 5 miles off their published track, and totally avoided any populated areas, and the thousands of people waiting to see them in Portsmouth, Gosport, and the top of Portsdown Hill. 

Perhaps, just perhaps this was a reaction to the Shoreham crash - albeit after the routes had been published?

We were hopeful one or two would make their customary pass over Halton, but no such luck.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6848 on: 16 September, 2015, 03:39:33 pm »
Oh, the dulcet pleasure of pressing the button on a spray can of TF2 only to receive a handful out the sides while SFA but a drop comes out of the wee red straw.

A la Jesus in The Big Lebowski, I'd like to push it up the ass of the genius who first thought of aerosol oil cans and pull the trigger until it goes click; except that it wouldn't really do much, it wouldn't go click and he'd probably enjoy it.

And a big thank-you to two LBSes who stock nothing else. Next CRC order it'll be the wee black bottles again to make up the price to free postage level.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #6849 on: 16 September, 2015, 04:21:48 pm »
Dear social worker, when writing casenotes about incontinence, the term is faecal, not fetal.