Author Topic: Recommend me a cheap mouse  (Read 5023 times)

Re: Recommend me a cheap mouse
« Reply #25 on: 06 May, 2021, 01:03:44 pm »
All recommendations are good, thanks, but I've gone with the one PB mentioned, purely on price grounds.

It's cheap enough that I can afford to regret the choice later...

If you regret it I will happily buy it from you for future use.  🙂

« Reply #26 on: 10 May, 2021, 03:45:48 pm »
My wireless mouse is playing up again, so I'm back to looking...

For anyone looking at Logitech mice, this might be of interest: I was getting frustrated at trying to understand their product naming system - they have, for example, B100 and M100 models, and I couldn't see any obvious difference between them. But after some digging around, I have learned that M simply stands for Mouse, and is the 'consumer' version, while B designates products sold in Bulk, aimed at business buyers. The mice themselves are identical (for the same model number), they just come in different packaging.

:facepalm:
I have a Logitech B110. I don't remember where it came from. It works. New Dell desktop came with one named Dell. That also works.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #27 on: 12 May, 2021, 07:42:06 pm »
My mouse appears to be an M185.  It is several years old and is used with an equally old K270 keyboard.  K might be for keyboard and maybe there are 270 available characters on it.

When I buy gloves I have to get the largest size on the peg so I guess that means I have large hands but the mouse works ok.
Move Faster and Bake Things

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #28 on: 18 May, 2021, 07:11:52 pm »
All recommendations are good, thanks, but I've gone with the one PB mentioned, purely on price grounds.

It's cheap enough that I can afford to regret the choice later...

If you regret it I will happily buy it from you for future use.  🙂

Well, I wouldn't say I'm regretting it. It seems pretty good so far.

Until today... it has suddenly started dropping the wireless connection and I need to take the dongle out and plug it back in again to restore it. Hmmm! I might try replacing the battery - I'm using the cheapo no-brand one that was supplied with the mouse, which is always a risk, as it has probably been sitting around in a warehouse for god knows how long.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #29 on: 18 May, 2021, 07:39:04 pm »
I haven't experienced any problems with mine yet in over 12 months but I'll expect them eventually.  I always turn the mouse off when not in use to save battery life.  The only thing which disappoints me is that apparently rechargeable batteries are too low a voltage for it.  Manufacturers really should up their game on this.

« Reply #30 on: 15 September, 2021, 07:25:16 am »
Well, are you keeping it?  Just curious.  🙂

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Recommend me a cheap mouse
« Reply #31 on: 15 September, 2021, 08:01:26 am »
Yes, very happy with it! Replacing the battery solved the problem with it dropping the connection - shouldn’t really be surprised that the included battery was duff.

Been absolutely fine since then. And I find it a nice comfortable size and shape to use.

Thanks again for the recommendation.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #32 on: 15 September, 2021, 09:00:03 am »
You are welcome.  Mine is still on the original supplied battery and doing great service.  Very pleased with it.