Author Topic: People who park like fuds  (Read 288005 times)

Re: People who park like fuds
« Reply #500 on: 03 May, 2014, 04:29:45 pm »
Other than the fact the cycle lanes have been specified and painted as mandatory, when they were clearly intended to be advisory, I can't see what's wrong with this.

Why do you suggest they were they intended to be advisory?  As far as I am aware, all CS routes are mandatory.

And it is not uncommon for mandatory cycle paths not to have hours of operation but to be in force at all times.

Are you suggesting the intention is for cars to park on the other side of the white line? I.e., on the grey tarmac rather than the blue? Because parking is clearly intended to be allowed at some times (single yellow line) but drivers are not permitted to enter the cycle lane as it is, as you say, in force at all times.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #501 on: 16 May, 2014, 01:02:48 pm »
I think we have an all-time winner.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/10833548/Bomb-scare-outside-the-Bank-of-England-causes-chaos.html

Someone left a green Avensis in the centre of the junction above Bank station yesterday and buggered off.  We had to move away from the windows (I was working at 1 Threadneedle Street, which is at the other end, but still too close for a car bomb) and stand in the toilet corridor for 90 minutes until the police determined there wasn't a bomb at all.

Lunchtime was quite funny as they let everyone out but the roads were still closed; so the four policemen guarding the car were being filmed by hundreds of City workers with their mobiles.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #502 on: 16 May, 2014, 03:12:21 pm »

(Also, people who repair pavements like fuds.  They appear to be replacing only half the broken slabs.)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #503 on: 16 May, 2014, 04:20:55 pm »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/10833548/Bomb-scare-outside-the-Bank-of-England-causes-chaos.html

Someone left a green Avensis in the centre of the junction above Bank station yesterday and buggered off.  We had to move away from the windows (I was working at 1 Threadneedle Street, which is at the other end, but still too close for a car bomb) and stand in the toilet corridor for 90 minutes until the police determined there wasn't a bomb at all.

Lunchtime was quite funny as they let everyone out but the roads were still closed; so the four policemen guarding the car were being filmed by hundreds of City workers with their mobiles.

Our Kid was caught up in that as well.
Getting there...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #504 on: 16 May, 2014, 04:35:12 pm »

That could actually have been a rather effective terrorist tactic - closing down the City without the expense, time, trouble and danger of a bomb.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #505 on: 16 May, 2014, 04:45:21 pm »
From my Twitter feed via itv news...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #506 on: 16 May, 2014, 04:48:10 pm »
Levitating onto the pavement (as all law-abiding pavement-parkers do) and landed too early?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #507 on: 16 May, 2014, 04:53:24 pm »
Addison Lee?
Getting there...

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #508 on: 28 May, 2014, 10:38:07 am »

Winner 'Best Parking of the Year' - the Cup is yours.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #509 on: 28 May, 2014, 10:40:46 am »
They had to park there. The road was full of pedestrians.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #510 on: 28 May, 2014, 12:08:48 pm »

What is really strange on this picture is the number of high-end cars around what looks like a social housing complex!

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #511 on: 28 May, 2014, 12:41:39 pm »
Soviet housing meets capitalist aspirations.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #512 on: 02 June, 2014, 05:14:53 pm »
Carmarthen, this afternoon.

Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #513 on: 02 June, 2014, 05:15:52 pm »
What a prick
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #514 on: 02 June, 2014, 05:16:40 pm »
You've got a really special one there, Basil.

« Reply #515 on: 04 June, 2014, 12:42:44 pm »
No pics, as I was late for a train, but last night a royal mail driver managed to block the entire width of Queen St, quite a feat as it's a pretty wide road. It may not be a road for cars, but a road it is, it's even got traffic lights and evryfink:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.511132,-0.092976,3a,75y,191.79h,78.33t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sjJb5YdfgjW07ADjjetbT2g!2e0

At 5:30 pm this section is a constant stream of cyclists making their way to CS7, one of whom must have mentioned the fuddishness, cos as I passed the friendly postman came charging round shouting "I can park where I fucking well like... just cos you want to ride on the fucking pavement... I'll park where I fucking well like..."

I didn't have time to hang around to see what happened, but he looked like he was ready for fisticuffs.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #516 on: 07 June, 2014, 04:38:18 pm »
Not so much fud parking as odd parking. Not even inconveniencing anyone. We went out and just up the street was a pale blue Mini with a woman sitting in the driving seat. We came back over an hour later and the same Mini was still parked in the same place with the same woman still sitting in it. Of course it could have been coincidence and she might have been doing something else meanwhile, but if not, it just seems a little sad. Still, as I said, far from fudd.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #517 on: 07 June, 2014, 05:41:23 pm »

IMG_3278 by The Pingus, on Flickr

IMG_3279 by The Pingus, on Flickr

IMG_3280 by The Pingus, on Flickr

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #518 on: 07 June, 2014, 06:03:36 pm »
^ The cone thingy at the back of the car in the first shot had just been moved by me. It was originally in between the shop and the front tyre, so maybe a couple of inches of spare pavement there, twats.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #519 on: 07 June, 2014, 10:04:46 pm »

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #520 on: 19 June, 2014, 07:30:10 pm »
There were so many available close-by legal parking spots including areas closer to where the driver walked to from here  :facepalm:

IMG_3307 by The Pingus, on Flickr

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #521 on: 19 June, 2014, 07:42:07 pm »
Why do so many fuds leave six feet of clear space between the front of their motorcar and the start of the double yellow line?  If you moved the damn thing all the way up I'd be able to fit in behind you >:(
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #522 on: 25 June, 2014, 08:29:56 am »
No pics, as I was late for a train, but last night a royal mail driver managed to block the entire width of Queen St, quite a feat as it's a pretty wide road. It may not be a road for cars, but a road it is, it's even got traffic lights and evryfink:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.511132,-0.092976,3a,75y,191.79h,78.33t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sjJb5YdfgjW07ADjjetbT2g!2e0

At 5:30 pm this section is a constant stream of cyclists making their way to CS7, one of whom must have mentioned the fuddishness, cos as I passed the friendly postman came charging round shouting "I can park where I fucking well like... just cos you want to ride on the fucking pavement... I'll park where I fucking well like..."

I didn't have time to hang around to see what happened, but he looked like he was ready for fisticuffs.

It seems to be a regular thing for this driver:

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #523 on: 25 June, 2014, 09:18:30 am »
As I passed the friendly postman came charging round shouting "I can park where I fucking well like..."

That might have been true whilst they were civil servants, but now they are a public company?
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #524 on: 25 June, 2014, 06:32:44 pm »
It wasn't true when they were public servants. Just like the ASL is not available to motorcycles even if they ARE marked St John Ambulance. And no, you twat, you can't go anywhere you like. And I do not need a helmet.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i