Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 213240 times)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #75 on: 21 November, 2014, 01:14:22 pm »
Going utterly bonkers because I have put a lump of ham in the oven. See that is why I get a major meat fix when we are eating out. I live with a veggie, who is ok with the idea that I'm a carnivore. But also a dog who don't know what to do with herself when there is meat/poultry cooking. Pretty much all bets are off from now and until I have eaten it - I wonder what naughtiness she will come up with while this is cooking.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #76 on: 21 November, 2014, 01:28:56 pm »
Now he is in his post-walk post-food slumber.

Sadly, we forgot to take the Slobber Towel with us on the walk and when he emerged from the park his face looked as though an enormous spider had spun a web all over his face. Before I could avoid him I had lunged at my right leg and I now have a wonderful slobber stain on the right leg of my new scruffy trousers where he deliberately wiped his gungey self.

Revolting animal.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #77 on: 21 November, 2014, 03:02:26 pm »
Going utterly bonkers because I have put a lump of ham in the oven. See that is why I get a major meat fix when we are eating out. I live with a veggie, who is ok with the idea that I'm a carnivore. But also a dog who don't know what to do with herself when there is meat/poultry cooking. Pretty much all bets are off from now and until I have eaten it - I wonder what naughtiness she will come up with while this is cooking.
The giant enormous tomcat we had when I was a kid used to go bonkers when there was a chicken in the oven. He'd be up on his hind legs, yowling like a soul in torment, with his front paws on the oven door, and complaining because the bit of the door he could reach would be too hot for his paws.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #78 on: 22 November, 2014, 12:00:40 am »
Not mine, but I've had mum's two mogs curled up next to me on the sofa all evening. I've missed it... I'll probably look at adopting another in the new year.

No photographs for t'other thread because a) they're both jet black and b) I'm a rubbish photographer :)

« Reply #79 on: 28 November, 2014, 07:13:52 pm »

Refusing to watch fillums with us.

Chris S

« Reply #80 on: 28 November, 2014, 07:17:18 pm »
Is it because you're watching the whole Step Up series again?

Is it because #2 daughter is watching Bones - Teh Movie?  ;D

snail

• Inch by inch.
« Reply #81 on: 28 November, 2014, 08:15:56 pm »
New dog - from the rescue place two weeks ago - is out with the husband and probably barking at one particular car she doesn't like that parks down the road.

She loves everyone and rushes up to them to make friends. Sadly she is half Rottweiler and most people jump into gardens to get away from the teeth-and-tail monster bearing down upon them.

Apart from a girl with a bag last week, who got a real barking. :-( But we are working with the behaviouralist at the rescue centre and it's early days.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #82 on: 28 November, 2014, 08:48:33 pm »
Pictures please :)

Our is generally quite but have the odd day where she needs to talk. No different in background noises, so hard to pinpoint.

We have taught her to come in from the garden when she barks. Which confuses her, I need to be outside telling the world off, but need to come be inside when I bark. So she runs to and fro with this funy growl.

snail

• Inch by inch.
« Reply #83 on: 28 November, 2014, 09:00:53 pm »
She has orange eyebrows! Photos when it's daylight and I don't get devil eyes from the flash going off.

I've been trying to get to go into the hall when she wants to bark as we are in a semi and that will be away from our (admittedly deaf) neighbour.

She's now asleep next to me, her head on my leg. She was naughty on the walk, apparently, and wanted to bark at three young men. She is definitely "trying it on" now she's settling in. It's hard but I know we have to be really bloody stubborn to stay on top at the moment.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #84 on: 28 November, 2014, 09:09:05 pm »
She has orange eyebrows!

She's now asleep next to me, her head on my leg.
Snap and snap.

Ours have tried a few times to be more bossy/naughty, best way to deal with it is to do as you have always done, hard I know.

It took her about four month to really settle in with us, didn't lick at all, now we get a "kiss" a few times a day. And had a period where she didn't want sit on or near us. That is now over, she loves to pile on top of us now.

snail

• Inch by inch.
« Reply #85 on: 28 November, 2014, 09:11:32 pm »
Four months? That's interesting. We were told 4-6 weeks but that's a massive generalisation and will depend on many factors I suppose. She is very affectionate although I think what we see as affection has actually been submissive behaviour - licking hands, for example.

Oh and now she is snoring like a drunken old man.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #86 on: 28 November, 2014, 09:20:08 pm »
From the word go she was all over us, playing with us and would run to anyone (still do), she is a very happy go lucky dog. I think there was some bonding within the first month, but the real bonding happened after four months. Like she would go look for us around the time we normally get home from work, licking - not just a getting peanut butter off fingers - lick, coming up for hugs etc.

Ours don't snore much but dream loudly, 3-4 times an evening. We even hear her from her crate at night, dreaming away :)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #87 on: 29 November, 2014, 07:45:05 pm »
They are snuggled up together looking unbearably cute.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #88 on: 29 November, 2014, 07:50:17 pm »
Swimming with the fishes.
Which is to be expected of tropical fish!   ;)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #89 on: 29 November, 2014, 08:12:41 pm »
Farting in his sleep.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #90 on: 29 November, 2014, 08:18:24 pm »

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #91 on: 29 November, 2014, 09:18:28 pm »
Farting in his sleep.

Aren't cat farts silent....

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #92 on: 01 December, 2014, 02:17:01 pm »
Twix is hunting...

...leaves!

I think oreo is the real hunter of that family, especially as twix seems to be failing to catch any leaves!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #93 on: 01 December, 2014, 02:45:11 pm »
Not scratching because there is a nasty wet patch on her neck to be more concerned about.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #94 on: 01 December, 2014, 03:36:00 pm »
Whacking her Kong around the kitchen. She's earned it after an hour's walk this afternoon.

« Reply #95 on: 01 December, 2014, 03:48:17 pm »
Hazel will be sleeping or plotting.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #96 on: 01 December, 2014, 04:27:44 pm »
Crouching on my lap staring at the floor.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #97 on: 01 December, 2014, 09:36:12 pm »
Gnawing on the corner of a cardboard box/play fort/time machine/ transmogrifier.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #98 on: 07 December, 2014, 01:38:16 pm »
Leaning her warm, heavy head on my arm and batting me with her paw when I move it away, which is making typing very difficult...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #99 on: 08 December, 2014, 02:10:22 pm »
Getting the next bladderful ready.  Our dogs were castrated last Wednesday, and one of them had his scrotal sac so full of oedema that he couldn't sit down properly. We had him to the vet this morning and she gave him a shot of diuretic. I don't think he's stopped piddling for ten minutes together ever since, and the kitchen rug was doused once.  But the wrinkles are returning.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight