Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 213025 times)

ian

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1725 on: 06 March, 2022, 07:03:06 pm »
Bad Cat is about 5.5kg (makes an almighty thud when she leaps out of the wardrobe), but she can't win a fight with LMC, and is generally useless, resorting to pathetic yowling when faced by another feline interloper until one of the humans comes and sorts it out. LMC will chase other cats.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1726 on: 06 March, 2022, 07:33:31 pm »
Problem with Pumpkin is she thinks she's a big cat but she's trapped in a small body. She doesn't seem to have the sense to avoid confrontation.
Rushes in where angels fear to tread is an apt description.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #1727 on: 07 March, 2022, 10:02:39 am »
Damage done by cat does not usually bear any relationship to their size.

Siggi 'met' the local bully cat on Sunday. OK, they were separated by a pane of glass, but it was interesting.

Bullycat spotted Siggi sat on the window ledge, jumped up on the coal bunker and walked over to her.

Siggi froze, then when Bullycat got close, she did the arched back, fur puff thing, and flattened her ears.

Her fur is a bit weird; it separates along her stripes, so when she puffs up, she looks like a stegosaurus.

Bullycat froze, then ran away!
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1728 on: 07 March, 2022, 05:11:03 pm »
Ah, she has a name :)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1729 on: 07 March, 2022, 09:42:48 pm »
Damage done by cat does not usually bear any relationship to their size.

IME it tends to correlate strongly with how much time they spend asleep, looking harmless.  Beware of any snoring pile of fur proudly introduced along the lines of "That's George.  He's getting on a bit, but he's a right bastard and will have your arm off."  It's the cat-owner equivalent of "He's only being friendly."

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1730 on: 07 March, 2022, 10:08:24 pm »
We visited my brother yesterday. His cat was pleased to see me but very quickly started disembowelling my foot and then biting my jeans. Crazy beast.

« Reply #1731 on: 28 March, 2022, 09:27:57 am »
We now have two wild things in the house; Hamish, and 8-year-old border terrier, and the incumbent, Siggi.

Siggi is inhabiting the top of the house. Hamish is downstairs. So far they've just stared at each other a bit.

Siggi's latest game; leaping up the back of my office chair. Sometimes she grabs the chair back, sometimes she grabs my neck - and dangles there, claws firmly embedded around about my carotid.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1732 on: 17 April, 2022, 05:43:52 pm »
At the end of this month it will be 8 months since we moved into the new Pingu Towers. Next weekend we and the cats will be decamping while we get a new kitchen fitted so we have started the process of packing up the kitchen cupboards.
Today I was rummaging about in a big bag of heavy duty shopping bags preparing to pack some stuff. Normally any sort of noise like that would make the cats run away but Ninkasi came right up to me and the bags, hissed at the bags, made pathetic squeaking noises at me and generally acted weird.
After a few mins I stopped, went through to the lounge, gave her a spoffle and a brush and then she attacked me!
Such delicate dispositions my girls have...  ::-)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1733 on: 18 April, 2022, 02:16:33 pm »
Our wretched parrot has taken to calling my name in MrsT's voice every minute or two for as long as either of us is in his vicinity.  He's driving us round the bend.  It usually takes him two or three weeks to get fed up and move on to something else.  He'll be lucky to survive that long.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1734 on: 18 April, 2022, 07:24:51 pm »
Pingu tells me that Pumpkin (I assume) brought home the first ded maus of our new home.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1735 on: 18 April, 2022, 09:03:56 pm »
At least it's dedd!

D found droppings in his shoe from one that wasn't!

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1736 on: 18 April, 2022, 09:06:54 pm »
Pingu and I were outside shifting the water butt tonight and Ninkasi came and hissed at us again.

« Reply #1737 on: 22 April, 2022, 08:43:55 am »
You are going to laugh . . .

While MrsC was away, I might have let the cat have the run of the bedroom at night ('run' literally; she'd run in an out like a maniac, parkouring off the furniture, then go to sleep in her bed in the hall).

This didn't suite MrsC, so she (the cat) was shut out on MrsC's return.

Cue much scratching at door every night, bashing it to get it open. Every bedtime was a game of hide and seek, where she'd try to avoid being put out of the bedroom.

Last night, I  dashed to the bedroom and quickly shut door to stop cat getting in. Unfortunately, she was sprinting behind me and ran headlong into the door (it wasn't even closed, she just couldn't turn in time).

so I went to bed concerned that she'd hurt herself. Never mind that she'd been running around the room purring afterwards, my mind couldn't help but think of concussion, bleeding on the brain etc.

By 4am, after a fitful night, I realised that the cat hadn't been scratching at the door. Not one little bump. So paranoia tripled and I became convinced she was lying dead on the floor somewhere.

Nothing for it but to creep out of bed.

Cat greeted me on the stairs, perfectly fine.

Cats! they stop you from sleeping even when they aren't doing anything!
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #1738 on: 23 April, 2022, 09:28:09 am »
Looked out of the window to see Catticus walking around the garden with a magpie in his mouth.

Which was fine, until youngest son got up and opened the front door. Cat (plus magpie) promptly came in. The magpie proved to be still alive and escaped.

So I have just had an exciting time trying to expel a magpie from the house. As I rapidly discovered, a magpie is a sufficiently large bird to do a significant amount of damage. Anyway, I managed to persuade it to fly back out of the front door, closely followed by a frantic cat. Once outside, the magpie flew off and Atticus slunk back inside, being sufficiently affectionate to show that he wanted a bowl of food to replace the meal of bird he had just lost.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1739 on: 23 April, 2022, 10:49:10 am »
My sympathies are entirely with the magpie.

« Reply #1740 on: 25 April, 2022, 09:27:31 am »
The magpie is back this morning, though strategically perched on the neighbour's garage rather than taking its usual perambulation around the front lawn. Catticus is sitting on the window sill, making hopeful mewing noises.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1741 on: 28 April, 2022, 03:18:42 pm »
Our wretched parrot has taken to calling my name in MrsT's voice every minute or two for as long as either of us is in his vicinity.  He's driving us round the bend.  It usually takes him two or three weeks to get fed up and move on to something else.  He'll be lucky to survive that long.

Further to the above, he has now added my reply and is calling out "John? Furroff".  He needs a little more instruction to get the CK right.

« Reply #1742 on: 04 May, 2022, 08:23:33 am »
Snoring happily after many many birthday treats and a long walk in the forest:

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1743 on: 04 May, 2022, 02:49:43 pm »
Hana looking quite grey  around the muzzle, how old is she now?
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1744 on: 04 May, 2022, 04:01:05 pm »
one does not ask a lady her age :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #1745 on: 04 May, 2022, 04:38:20 pm »
Took delivery of four (hopefully) fertile goose eggs and snuck them underneath our broody goose.  Fingers crossed we’ll have some Pilgrim goslings in four weeks’ time!

« Reply #1746 on: 04 May, 2022, 08:17:05 pm »
Hana looking quite grey  around the muzzle, how old is she now?

She's 8 now.

ravenbait

• Someone's imaginary friend
  • No, RB3, you can't have more tupperware.
    • Someone's imaginary friend
« Reply #1747 on: 08 May, 2022, 01:10:28 pm »
Stinking up my office with her farts.

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1748 on: 09 May, 2022, 01:16:28 am »
Blackie brought in a moribund baby rabbit this evening.
I do hope this wasn't somebody's pet bunny. I didn't think rabbits bred wild hereabouts.
D was very upset.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1749 on: 09 May, 2022, 09:21:06 pm »
D put poor bunny on lawn and it had died when he went out later.
My cleaning lady informs me there have been 'Lost Rabbit' posters locally, fastened to trees.
Said lady only visits me on Tuesdays so bunny would have escaped quite a while back.
Oh dear!