Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 213066 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1925 on: 09 June, 2023, 03:49:39 pm »
[Not my pet] Stray Ginger is in trap awaiting retrieval by cat charity, to be neutered & returned.

ETA: Collected at 0230 7 June.

Stray Ginger was returned yesterday and plodded off into the jungle. He'd needed to have his belly opened as his goolies hadn't descended.

Returned for feeding today and downed two full 100g pouches of Felix.

D was relieved to see him again, having feared for his welfare, but very upset at the ear tipping. My pet human gets very sentimental!

« Reply #1926 on: 09 June, 2023, 06:02:16 pm »
Hunting wasps.

FFS, cat, are you suicidal?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1927 on: 09 June, 2023, 06:54:41 pm »
Mojo used to bring wasps into the 1st Pingu Towers in his mouth. You could hear him buzzing.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1928 on: 09 June, 2023, 06:58:17 pm »
Cairo got stung on his foot once. Limped into the house and presented his paw like a dog wanting to shake hands.

Awww.
It is simpler than it looks.

ian

« Reply #1929 on: 09 June, 2023, 09:32:38 pm »
LMC ate a wasp earlier. Doesn't seem to have troubled her as much as it did the wasp.

ian

« Reply #1930 on: 09 June, 2023, 09:41:58 pm »
This post needs photies!

We have lots of videos as they're outside my wife's office – not so many photos. There are five foxicles and they're hopelessly cute. They've started to accumulate toys (presumably from dog owners' gardens). The mother is splendidly laid back, really going in for the Scandinavian parenting, the father we've not seen for a while, I assume his job is done. They're living in our next-door neighbour's garden (she's dead, so not really invested in gardening, so it's been wild for three years).

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1931 on: 09 June, 2023, 11:59:11 pm »
Aw

sam

« Reply #1932 on: 10 June, 2023, 06:23:23 am »
Eating.

As a prelude to...

more eating.

sam

« Reply #1933 on: 10 June, 2023, 02:12:23 pm »
Sleeping behind the couch as I await his latest gourmet hay delivery.

Unbelievably exciting for some

* Sorry, he escaped his thread.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1934 on: 10 June, 2023, 07:32:44 pm »
Not mine, but at a chum's yesterday.
Dog bed. Cat bed.
The cat was stretched out luxuriously in the dog bed.  The dog was scrunched up and mostly hanging out of the cat bed.

Yo cats.  :thumbsup:
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

ian

« Reply #1935 on: 14 June, 2023, 09:48:31 pm »
Lots of yowling from the pair of them during a call this afternoon. Excuse me, I say, to investigate the commotion. Medieval armies have made less noise in full battle. A foxicle wanted to hang out on the balcony with our pair. Seems they were less willing to share the space. LMC was fully bushed up. However much effort she puts into looking big, she's never going to look bigger than a mildly overweight guinea pig.

The foxicle seemed mostly bemused. What is cat? They're furry little idiots, that's what, my little canine friend.

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #1936 on: 15 June, 2023, 03:40:53 pm »
"helping" with the new wheel build

(that's a 406 rim; he's big, but not a giant)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1937 on: 15 June, 2023, 10:09:35 pm »
I have to ask Ian: if your next-door-neighbour is dead, is she still in situ next door, or has she moved, as it were? I know dead people can't move in the usual sense of the word - I mean "moved house", either before or after her demise.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

ian

« Reply #1938 on: 20 June, 2023, 10:10:05 pm »
I have to ask Ian: if your next-door-neighbour is dead, is she still in situ next door, or has she moved, as it were? I know dead people can't move in the usual sense of the word - I mean "moved house", either before or after her demise.

I don't think she's still in there, at least not in a corporeal form.

The actual story is quite sad, she had a stroke, and was collapsed and immobile on her conservatory floor for four days – not visible from anyone's house, her garden is quite secluded, and she lived alone, widowed some years before we moved in, and generally kept herself to herself (though was nice enough). Anyway, it came to pass that I had to do some Action Jackson fence climbing (her other neighbour being older and less nimble than me) to discover the sad situation. She was in a rehab place for some years until she died recently so the garden has been left untended for about three years now.

« Reply #1939 on: 26 June, 2023, 08:16:30 am »
Feeling sorry for herself. She has had a squabble, and lost, with another local cat over the weekend. One puncture wound in her left upper lip and two below her left eye has resulted in her cheek ballooning up in swelling. She's still eating but not her normal self. So we will be off to the vets later.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1940 on: 26 June, 2023, 09:53:10 pm »
Aw

« Reply #1941 on: 27 June, 2023, 09:30:14 am »
One vets bill, two injections and I have ten tablets to give her later. She is home again still eating reasonably well and wants to go outside again. We'll see when I let that happen and how I get on getting tablets into her when her cheek is sore.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1942 on: 04 July, 2023, 10:45:09 pm »
Ninkasi is being AWOL. I let her out after brekky this morning (6am) and she's not been seen since. And it's blowing a hoolie out there.  :(
So almost impossible to listen out for a crying cat, plus every pile of leaves (of which there are many) looks like a tortie.
Again. Though only since about 2pm this time.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1943 on: 05 July, 2023, 12:10:02 am »
Ninkasi is being AWOL. I let her out after brekky this morning (6am) and she's not been seen since. And it's blowing a hoolie out there.  :(
So almost impossible to listen out for a crying cat, plus every pile of leaves (of which there are many) looks like a tortie.
Again. Though only since about 2pm this time.

And she's back. Got stuck in a neighbour's garden  ::-)

« Reply #1944 on: 05 July, 2023, 09:49:29 am »
Missing.

Very worried, as she has a set routine in the morning (wait for me to get up, make obsessive fuss until I feed her, then disappear for a couple of hours).

She went out last night, not seen since.

Could be she is sulking since I took the young rabbit off her yesterday. Don't know how she killed it, she is a small cat and not strong.

[edit]
She's appeared. Not particularly interested in food, with round belly.
Eaten another rabbit maybe.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #1945 on: 05 July, 2023, 01:53:23 pm »
No doubt ours is asleep as per her usual routine - breakfast at 06:15, settle down at 06:30, reappear about 21:30 to go our for a wander.

Except last night it was siling down, which caused some hesitation...

We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #1946 on: 05 July, 2023, 02:06:04 pm »
[edit]
She's appeared. Not particularly interested in food, with round belly.
Eaten another rabbit maybe.
Phew :thumbsup:
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1947 on: 05 July, 2023, 09:59:20 pm »
D reports our two cats had a stand-off with a visiting black cat, who has elicited some hostility and now wandered off.

Worryingly, said black cat seemed to have had its tail severely damaged somehow. D managed to take a pic of tail almost detached.

« Reply #1948 on: 05 July, 2023, 10:09:59 pm »
One vets bill, two injections and I have ten tablets to give her later. She is home again still eating reasonably well and wants to go outside again. We'll see when I let that happen and how I get on getting tablets into her when her cheek is sore.

Hercules and the Nemean Lion applies  :demon: ;)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #1949 on: 06 July, 2023, 09:43:13 am »
It turned out to be simple. Take meaty treat stick, partially split lengthways and hide pill, treat stick gobbled down complete with pill.

Today she is probably sulking as I left went into the office without opening a window to let her in and out.