Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 213084 times)

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1950 on: 07 July, 2023, 09:42:46 am »
The 5kg Killing Machine has been proper poorly lately.
Looking thin and unkempt.

Vet says he's got B12 deficiency and he's losing a lot of protein in his urine for no apparent reason.

He's eating huge amounts of food (600g yesterday) but not gaining any weight.

We've just got home from his first B12 injection - three more to go. We've got some renal medication which will hopefully sort out the weight loss.

He's not unhappy, just sleepy and hungry (like me)
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #1951 on: 07 July, 2023, 10:23:32 am »
I am currently housing Sid ('fugee dawg from Serbia) Tula (Cat who hates everybody) and Timmy (Timothée Chatlamet) who are, with their owner, temporarily in residence. As newbies, the cats are supposed to stay in the house.
Last night, Tula climbed behind the blinds and pushed the window open. She was too chicken but Timtam climbed on to the bay roof and went out into the front garden and shouted at Mr Smith at 2am.

Mr Smith was thrilled. I slept through it  ;D

« Reply #1952 on: 09 July, 2023, 07:52:08 pm »
Timothée has been out out.

And then he came back in.
(click to show/hide)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1953 on: 09 July, 2023, 07:55:25 pm »
Oops!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #1954 on: 16 July, 2023, 01:18:43 pm »
Carradice vs Ortlieb, we have a winner

« Reply #1955 on: 16 July, 2023, 01:19:29 pm »
If the little rotter puts claw holes in it I shall be Quite Annoyed.

« Reply #1956 on: 25 July, 2023, 07:49:56 pm »
Three mice.

Yes, I know I've just got back from a stay in hospital and you are just showing how much you love me, but there are other ways you could do this. Which don't involve the children scrabbling around the hall trying to catch said mice. Because I'm certainly in no state to catch them myself.

« Reply #1957 on: 26 July, 2023, 07:24:05 am »
Three mice.

Yes, I know I've just got back from a stay in hospital and you are just showing how much you love me, but there are other ways you could do this. Which don't involve the children scrabbling around the hall trying to catch said mice. Because I'm certainly in no state to catch them myself.

And a fourth this morning. Fortunately dead. There are better ways to express your affection.

« Reply #1958 on: 26 July, 2023, 09:17:34 pm »
Sitting inside, looking out of the cat flap at the rain. Been there for 2 hours so far…
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1959 on: 01 August, 2023, 07:58:00 am »
Once I left on yesterday's ride the parrot would only talk in my voice until I got home again. Dunno if he was simply trying to fill the hole in his family for comfort's sake or if he was thinking "right, he's out, I'm boss now".  He's such a stroppy bastard with MrsT I tend to think the latter.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1960 on: 01 August, 2023, 01:52:44 pm »
She is limping again. This time the left foreleg. I think she has badly pulled a muscle or something. No idea why, she hasn't been walks today - but I found her in the cellar on her own (she never goes down there, slippery spiral staircase), unable to walk much.

She was dodgy two weeks ago on the back right leg.

She broke the cruciate ligament in her back left leg two years ago and it was a year before she was OK again.

She is 13 years old and starting to get a lot of aches and pains. I am beginning to wonder if this is the start of the end if she is going to be regularly in pain.

We have pain tablets for her from the vet (5 days supply) so will use those for a day or two first and if she doesn't improve it's off to the vet again. Poor Poppy.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1961 on: 07 August, 2023, 04:30:15 pm »
Very sad about Poppy. She's a lovely dog.

And also very concerned that 13 years of my life can have slipped by with such ease since Poppy was a Puppy.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #1962 on: 08 August, 2023, 09:04:06 am »
Sleeping on the "office" chair blissfully unaware that the (dead) mouse she left IN her bowl of crunchies for later has been removed and composted.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1963 on: 08 August, 2023, 11:09:47 am »
Sleeping on the "office" chair blissfully unaware that the (dead) mouse she left IN her bowl of crunchies for later has been removed and composted.

Perhaps in Cat World there is a Mouse Fairy?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #1964 on: 15 August, 2023, 12:59:53 pm »
yesterday evening but,

Luna the cat disgraced herself, just as I was plating my dinner she came into the kitchen behind me and then proceeded to wiggle and pounce on something in the corner of the room, wiggle and pounce, wiggle and pounce. Once I paid enough attention she then held her head up high with a small bird in her jaws.

At this point I scooped her up, complete with bird, and took her into the garden where I released the bird from her jaws onto the garden table, took her back inside, shutting her in, and then went back to the bird to determine it was still alive and moved it to a secluded corner of the wall out of sight of the window I was being watched from.

The bird had gone this morning, either to another predator or having recovered somewhat, I however need to get the blood off of my shirt cuff.  :facepalm:

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1965 on: 15 August, 2023, 01:39:56 pm »
The sparrow Ninkasi brought in yesterday was most definitely killed utterly to death though still warm when I retrieved it :(

« Reply #1966 on: 15 August, 2023, 01:48:42 pm »
Tim the visitor was uber generous to No1Daughter on her birthday last week- I think the break in the weather brought everything out of hiding
Starling
Blackbird
Mouse
Shrew

Well done Timmy  ::-)

« Reply #1967 on: 18 August, 2023, 09:19:24 pm »
I’m afraid she’s gone back out to replace the (thankfully dead) baby glis-glis she just trotted in with in her mouth  ::-) that she helpfully dropped on the kitchen floor for us (we only have the 2 rooms downstairs).

« Reply #1968 on: 20 August, 2023, 08:21:15 pm »
Zeppy the cat is wondering why there is a hedgehog in her litter tray.
So are we Zeppy.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1969 on: 20 August, 2023, 08:33:06 pm »
Doing a runny poo with a tiny bit of blood.

It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #1970 on: 29 August, 2023, 01:04:12 pm »
Catticus, I know you are good at cute. However looking sweet and innocent at the bottom of the garden doesn't work when there is a dead rook in the middle of the lawn. And it doesn't take the deductive powers of a Poirot to work out how a dead rook came to be there.

Actually I'm quite impressed, since you are a small cat and a rook is a sizeable bird. But then you have never let the size of prey deter you from hunting.

« Reply #1971 on: 29 August, 2023, 05:44:28 pm »
This morning Zeppy the cat sat on the keyboard. Nothing unusual in that.
Later I found I couldn't use the buttons to control the volume of the radio programme. Much swearing, then I tried the brightness buttons which didn't work either.
How did she manage to turn the functions thingy on?
More to the point, I had to google how to turn them off.

« Reply #1972 on: 06 September, 2023, 11:00:42 am »
Sleeping off a busy night....

[/url]Mouseageddon!

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1973 on: 06 September, 2023, 07:05:24 pm »
I love that she has garnished one of them ;D
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #1974 on: 06 September, 2023, 07:12:11 pm »
Fuzzy (cat, 15) has shat on the living room carpet.  We had a similar incident late last week, which was very unlike him.  This time there’s a little bit of blood in it, which could mean one of a great multitude of things.  I think a visit to the V.E.T. might be in order…