Author Topic: Sir Chris Hoy  (Read 783 times)

Sir Chris Hoy
« on: 16 February, 2024, 07:48:07 pm »

Olympic cycling star Chris Hoy reveals cancer diagnosis
The 47-year-old says he is undergoing chemotherapy, which is ‘going really well’

“I’m currently receiving treatment including chemotherapy, which thankfully is going really well. I’d like to extend my sincere gratitude to all the medical professionals for their amazing help and care.
“For the sake of my young family, I had hoped to keep this information private but regrettably our hand has been forced. While I’m thankful for any support, I’d like to deal with this privately.”
However, Hoy said the last few months since his diagnosis had been “incredibly difficult”, adding: “My heart goes out to the many others who are also going through similar challenges right now.
“I’m optimistic, positive and surrounded by love for which I’m truly grateful. As you might imagine, the last few months have been incredibly difficult.
“However, I currently feel fine – I am continuing to work, ride my bike and live my life as normal.

Best wishes, Sir Chris
Move Faster and Bake Things

Re: Sir Chris Hoy
« Reply #1 on: 16 February, 2024, 08:04:45 pm »
 :(

That’s a shock. I wonder which paper was planning to print the story, forcing him to go public.

Best wishes to him.

« Reply #2 on: 17 February, 2024, 12:27:53 am »
Best wishes to him, I hope he tolerates the treatment and it does its job.  I do despair that any newspaper / celebrity magazine would even consider revealing a cancer diagnosis against his wishes.  Utter scumbags.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3 on: 17 February, 2024, 07:38:28 am »
Good luck to him.  I hope it works.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #4 on: 19 February, 2024, 12:33:10 pm »
  I do despair that any newspaper / celebrity magazine would even consider revealing a cancer diagnosis against his wishes.  Utter scumbags.
Reading that bit made me absolutely furious. On what planet is that acceptable? (It is equally infuriating that Sir Chris' only option was to go public so that at least it was on his terms and not anyone else's.)