Author Topic: Is weatherbagel broke?  (Read 4251 times)

Is weatherbagel broke?
« on: 10 May, 2021, 09:00:23 pm »
I'm trying to use weatherbagel for a ride tomorrow but it just says "Could not process route, please try again".  I've even tried some old GPX files but no joy.  Is it working for anybody else?

(Not sure why I'm trying really.  I know I'm going to get wet)

Re: Is weatherbagel broke?
« Reply #1 on: 10 May, 2021, 09:35:50 pm »
Yes, I have had no joy with weatherbagel either. Been trying various routes over the past 2 weeks but getting the same message to 'try again' as you are getting.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #2 on: 10 May, 2021, 10:06:09 pm »
I tried on 30 April for Green & Yellow Fields 300 without success (which was a shame because I then may have realised it was going to be −4°C overnight ::-)).
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #3 on: 21 May, 2021, 01:52:17 pm »
I use the excellent Epic Ride Weather app on my phone to check what to wear, which direction to do loop in, stay in bed...etc
https://www.epicrideweather.com/
The Tile Collector

« Reply #4 on: 21 May, 2021, 02:57:05 pm »
I think weatherbagel struggles with big files? Reducing the GPX to 500pts works.

I tried Epic Ride Weather but felt it was too expensive. (This may have been when I was poorer, rather than any failing of the app)

« Reply #5 on: 21 May, 2021, 04:21:23 pm »
I tried Epic Ride Weather but felt it was too expensive. (This may have been when I was poorer, rather than any failing of the app)
I'm happy to pay the annual sub which is the price of a couple of drinks and give folk money for their work. It's so very useful I find.
I also happily paid Stava, RWGPS and Veloviewer Premium subs simply because I wanted them to be viable businesses and I use them a lot. Not because I'm rich or anything.
The Tile Collector

« Reply #6 on: 21 May, 2021, 06:59:38 pm »
I pay for things I use. I didn't think Epic Weather was worth paying for. I don't think beer is worth paying for, either. By which I mean: horses for courses.

« Reply #7 on: 05 November, 2021, 03:18:36 pm »
Is this working for anyone else?

I've been getting the message Could not process route, please try again, for a couple of days now
@CorbieLinnRider

« Reply #8 on: 05 November, 2021, 03:20:16 pm »
I read this thread back in May.  I'm only just getting over the shock of the supposition that beer is not worth paying for.......

« Reply #9 on: 05 November, 2021, 03:55:39 pm »
It's been broken for ages. Here's a circular thread: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=110367.0

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #10 on: 08 November, 2021, 10:36:24 pm »
TBF, this was an early thing that might have got broken by overuse, with no revenue, and "Epic Weather" coming in and removing any revenue stream might not have helped.

I don't understand these things but Google "improved" their code??
No idea who's behind epicweather. But I would hazard a guesss- not the same people behind weatherbagel.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

« Reply #11 on: 04 December, 2021, 08:58:41 am »
Just tried it now and it worked with a 400km audax route I’ve just loaded.

« Reply #12 on: 21 April, 2023, 09:06:24 am »
So now that Weatherbagel in permanently broke, what are people using instead?

@CorbieLinnRider

« Reply #13 on: 21 April, 2023, 09:15:16 am »
I just pick appropriate locations from the Met Office site and work out vague timings in my head.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #14 on: 21 April, 2023, 09:48:27 am »
When we were riding down South Americe, the recommended app was Epic Ride Weather:
https://www.epicrideweather.com/

At first glance, it looks like it may be a smartphone app only, I didn't spot a web interface, but I've not looked closely.