Author Topic: Experience with B'twin (decathlon) kids bikes?  (Read 2404 times)

Experience with B'twin (decathlon) kids bikes?
« on: 25 July, 2021, 09:26:00 pm »
Hi all, I am looking for a new bike my nearly 5-yr old. She is outgrowing her 12" Loekie. She's not that big and I'm not wanting to spend a lot of money on a bike for her yet (islabikes, woom, S'Cool, other suggestions welcome for in a year or two). 20" is really not feasible yet. So I was looking at the Decathlon B'Twin 16" bikes. Most things on it look... cheap, but I can find them 2nd hand in good shape for around 50 euros, which is alright I guess.
I cannot find any good review about B'Twin kids bikes though. The Dutch cycle association most recent review of kids bikes is 3 years old and doesnt include anything from B'Twin. Do any of you have any experience with them, and can you share the good (haha, the price!) and the bad?
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been too many days since I have ridden through the night with a brevet card in my pocket...

Re: Experience with B'twin (decathlon) kids bikes?
« Reply #1 on: 31 July, 2021, 01:13:04 am »
I can't help you specifically with the B'twin childrens bikes, but I bought a B'twin 3 Road bike in 2013, having ridden several 1000Km on it and still use it on a regular basis as my commute bike. My experience of Decathlon generally is that they sell good quality products and affordable prices.