Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1718512 times)

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #14325 on: 22 January, 2020, 06:42:30 pm »
I'm going to start a bit late and make my way direct to the Compasses.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #14326 on: 25 January, 2020, 09:02:10 pm »
Calling the FORWARD PLANNING operative...

Please can I put in a vote for Valero Lounge in Shitham?  No real ales but a good selection on keg beers plus Merlot etc. Bike parking is available out the back, I’ve checked.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14327 on: 25 January, 2020, 09:02:48 pm »
And it’s WAG friendly  :thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14328 on: 27 January, 2020, 11:35:34 am »
As usual there was a suggestion of somewhere else for this Wednesday seeing as The Cats is OD's fav gaff and he's not around, the suggestion from an Elder was swapping it for The Cross Keys, White Notley which was carried by the others present.... so this Wed, White Notley  :thumbsup:

The lack of real ale at the proposed Valero Lounge doesnt stand it in favour with teh committee - but would be good if we get snowed in / iced in as a Witham close by option  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14329 on: 27 January, 2020, 11:42:49 am »
The lack of real ale at the proposed Valero Lounge doesnt stand it in favour with teh committee - but would be good if we get snowed in / iced in as a Witham close by option  :thumbsup:
Can also walk across the road to 'spoons for real ale at third the cost of a Valero keg pint  :demon:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14330 on: 27 January, 2020, 12:08:58 pm »
Can also walk across the road to 'spoons for real ale at third the cost of a Valero keg pint  :demon:

I’m just trying to inject some variety not to mention a little sophistication!  Valero have sofas and cake  :thumbsup:

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #14331 on: 27 January, 2020, 01:04:42 pm »

I’m just trying to inject some variety not to mention a little sophistication!  Valero have sofas and cake  :thumbsup:

You seem to have reached a certain point in life OD, have you thought about joining the Womens Institute?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14332 on: 27 January, 2020, 01:11:54 pm »

You seem to have reached a certain point in life OD, have you thought about joining the Womens Institute?

Now there’s an idea!

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14333 on: 27 January, 2020, 07:34:34 pm »
 :thumbsup: Cross Keys. I feel Dagnets Lane COR coming on ...

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14334 on: 29 January, 2020, 09:31:54 am »
A Witham start suggested route to the Cross Keys. Not that I'm certain of being out due to colonial interference, may see you later....

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14335 on: 29 January, 2020, 05:32:34 pm »
Might attempt to intercept that route ^ ... if I get started early enough. Judging by the state of the lanes today, [still floods], I'll give Dagnet's /Green Lane a miss - as I'll be on fixed too.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14336 on: 29 January, 2020, 05:48:10 pm »
I'm not out tonight, did 90k today and after sitting down back home I am feeling very rough after coughing and spluttering around the lanes.   :facepalm:

Not fair to inflict it on you lot tonight I did contemplate team car but I might benefit from an early night... so I've popped some pills and going to kick back with a cuppa, enjoy!  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14337 on: 01 February, 2020, 03:08:28 pm »
I'm watching the egg chasing with half an eye, got a bit bored, so have knocked up a PROPOSED ROUTE to The Cricketers which the Witham peloton might want to follow on Wednesday evening.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14338 on: 01 February, 2020, 10:55:46 pm »
It appears that the concensus today was too visit the pop up pub this Wednesday....
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14339 on: 02 February, 2020, 09:36:56 am »
It appears that the concensus today was too visit the pop up pub this Wednesday....

Excellent idea!

« Reply #14340 on: 02 February, 2020, 01:43:52 pm »

Where exactly is it? A map previously shared was somewhat confusing, not that I can find it now!

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14341 on: 02 February, 2020, 03:22:11 pm »
Excellent idea!

More egg chasing on the telly, mildly bored, a PROPOSED ROUTE to the Pop-Up Compasses for the Witham peloton.  Possible traces of COR.

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #14342 on: 04 February, 2020, 09:50:28 am »
Excellent idea!

More egg chasing on the telly, mildly bored, a PROPOSED ROUTE to the Pop-Up Compasses for the Witham peloton.  Possible traces of COR.

Plenty of COR on that route! Watch out for dogging central at roughly 30km... plus a couple of very nasty pot holes at the top of littley green road just after Hill House.
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14343 on: 04 February, 2020, 10:23:27 am »
Excellent idea!

Plenty of COR on that route! Watch out for dogging central at roughly 30km... plus a couple of very nasty pot holes at the top of littley green road just after Hill House.

COR and doggers!  I really am spoiling you lucky people, I anticipate there will be a massive turn out tomorrow evening!  Will the Pop Up Compasses be able to cope?  ;D

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14344 on: 04 February, 2020, 01:05:11 pm »

And 'Causeway' around km 23 is currently a sea of mud and tractor ruts, judging by the bottom end of it on Saturday. Was a pleasant, occasionally rough bridleway when I last rode it a couple of summers ago ...

« Reply #14345 on: 05 February, 2020, 06:18:39 pm »
If I'm out tonight I'll be going direct.

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14346 on: 05 February, 2020, 06:26:22 pm »
Dodging the COR??

« Reply #14347 on: 05 February, 2020, 06:36:07 pm »
Dodging the COR??
Most definitely - I managed to hit the fence at Hoe Mill lock on Saturday due to a muddy track :facepalm: - COR is just not my thing......
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #14348 on: 05 February, 2020, 07:21:55 pm »
Can't join you tonight - urgent work has suddenly arrived...

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14349 on: 06 February, 2020, 05:19:11 pm »
Just looking at the forward planning calendar (to add in the beer festival) and this is what's coming up:
12 Feb - Cats
19 Feb - Chelmsford Winter Beer Fest
26 Feb - Best of the West tap takeover at The OT
4 Mar - 3 Horseshoes Duuuuuuuuton Hill
11 Mar - Hurdlemakers
18 Mar - Leather Bottle
25 Mar - The Cricketers, Danbury
Regards,

Joergen