Author Topic: Custom saddle anyone?  (Read 3289 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Custom saddle anyone?
« on: 20 January, 2019, 08:16:48 pm »
While idly looking for someone to repair my broken leather saddle, that nice Mr Google found http://www.southlondonsaddles.com/home/ with plastic/ padded saddles recovered with decent leather and often with custom designs.

HK has a favoured Terry saddle that has wornout leather but good base, rails and padding. Hopefully she can get it recovered for not too much more than a replacement saddle (it is difficult to get a Terry in the UK).
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: Custom saddle anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 05 February, 2019, 10:52:08 pm »
Apparently the saddle has been renewed and should be on its way back here to replace the C17S on her Kinesis.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2 on: 06 February, 2019, 11:37:45 pm »
Arrived and fitted. A nice bit of work, particularly for a saddle with a fairly complex profile. It is an older Terry Liberator with a cut-out and deep padding and looks better than new. Very stealth, without any branding or labels.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #3 on: 19 May, 2020, 07:22:50 pm »
HK has managed to wear through the leather on her refurbished saddle. Not too surprising, given the miles accumulated since it was recovered. Unfortunately, South London Saddles seems to have closed up shop sometime in the past year.

« Reply #4 on: 19 May, 2020, 10:03:55 pm »
Oh dear.  A complete mini-history in a few posts. 

« Reply #5 on: 09 June, 2020, 10:47:04 pm »
I think I have an old Terry Liberator saddle in the shed . It came off our tandem and has seen very little use . I will try and dig it out . If it is of use to you . colin .
Its More Fun With Three .

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #6 on: 10 June, 2020, 09:38:05 pm »
Thanks for the saddle CC, HK appreciates it.