Author Topic: Bought any camping gear today?  (Read 332009 times)

Re: Bought any camping gear today?
« Reply #1250 on: 28 July, 2016, 06:35:12 pm »
What another one  :o  :D
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #1251 on: 28 July, 2016, 09:14:32 pm »
Yep  ;D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1252 on: 29 July, 2016, 12:17:32 pm »
This solves a number of problems (and creates a few more!)
Getting there...

« Reply #1253 on: 03 August, 2016, 09:30:32 pm »
Not strictly bought today, but back before Christmas we replaced our big family tent with an eight man Berghaus inflatable. The idea was that it would be so easy to put up that Mrs B would have no trouble doing so on her own when I’m away at sea. Anyway her and the kids have used it already over in Holland and reported that it’s a doddle to setup. Having just returned from 7 months away I’m about to have my first go with it at this year’s Tandem Club National Rally and will post some phots next week.

Dave_C

• Trying to get rid of my belly... and failing!
« Reply #1254 on: 04 August, 2016, 03:44:53 pm »
Not strictly bought today, but back before Christmas we replaced our big family tent with an eight man Berghaus inflatable. The idea was that it would be so easy to put up that Mrs B would have no trouble doing so on her own when I’m away at sea. Anyway her and the kids have used it already over in Holland and reported that it’s a doddle to setup. Having just returned from 7 months away I’m about to have my first go with it at this year’s Tandem Club National Rally and will post some phots next week.

I'm surprised your wife could move the tent packed! We have an old Wynnster Mallard 5 pers tent and a newer Outwell 6 pers tent and they are HUGE packed and weight a tonne. Not dissimilar to a 12 by 12 tent!

You are still west cost right? We should meet up for a bent ride round the top of Loch Fyne and back via Dunoon.
@DaveCrampton < wot a twit.
http://veloviewer.com/athlete/421683/

« Reply #1255 on: 05 August, 2016, 12:13:47 pm »
Hi Dave,

It weighs a fippin ton but she seemed to manage with it ok over in Holland.

It would be great to get out for a recumbent ride,  I’m on leave in at the mo having just returned from a lengthy spell away at sea but back at work in Scotland in September.   My bent legs are pretty non-existent after so long away mind. 

« Reply #1256 on: 06 August, 2016, 08:22:17 pm »
i bought an inflatable back cushion from Poundland to use as a camp pillow. It does have some shape to it but worth a try at that price. When I got home I did some sunbathing in the garden so gave it a try and fell asleep.https://yacf.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/thumbsup.gif

« Reply #1257 on: 06 August, 2016, 08:27:04 pm »
B and M have blow up one side flocked pillows for a quid. A bit hit and miss quality wise but comfortable enough to justify purchase.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #1258 on: 08 August, 2016, 10:25:30 pm »
Seems a bit of a stretch from bicycle lights.    ??? 

Dave_C

• Trying to get rid of my belly... and failing!
« Reply #1259 on: 09 August, 2016, 11:57:22 am »
i bought an inflatable back cushion from Poundland to use as a camp pillow. It does have some shape to it but worth a try at that price. When I got home I did some sunbathing in the garden so gave it a try and fell asleep.https://yacf.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/thumbsup.gif

I just took one of the many many many bags from my wife's used wine boxes. Folds down pretty small and is disposable.
@DaveCrampton < wot a twit.
http://veloviewer.com/athlete/421683/

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1260 on: 09 August, 2016, 01:54:27 pm »
Of course, that does mean drinking the wine...

« Reply #1261 on: 09 August, 2016, 09:31:05 pm »
Just bought a Thermarest NeoAir Trekker regular.   I can compare it side by side with an Exped Synmat as we still have one functioning one!

Aushiker

• Cyclist, bushwalker, phottographer (amaturer)
    • Aushiker: Bicycling and Hiking in Western Australia
« Reply #1262 on: 13 August, 2016, 06:54:52 am »
As I am downsizing, a new pair of long pants was required and they arrived this week (eventually) from http://bike24.com. A new pair of Rab Longitude pants which weigh in at 225 grams. Nice.

Also my on going setting up my bikepacking bike, a Salsa Mukluk has progressed a bit further with more storage component arriving:

1 x Revelate Designs Harness
2 x Revelate Designs Feed Bags
1 x Revelate Designs Pocket - Large
2 x Salsa Anything Bags

Just need to make my mind on a dry bag to be used with the harness and a third water cage for under the down tube I am pretty well done with the carrying capacity I think.

Oh a Zpacks Duplex arrived in the mail too :)  Photos to follow.

Quick first pitch in the front yard. Need to play with a bit more to get an ideal height. Oh two persons, weighing in at 589 grams plus pegs.

Aushiker

• Cyclist, bushwalker, phottographer (amaturer)
    • Aushiker: Bicycling and Hiking in Western Australia
« Reply #1263 on: 16 August, 2016, 01:01:33 pm »
I received in the mail today a Tito Titanium spork via Aliexpress. I was quite impressed with the packaging and the personal note and business card that came with the spork. The manufacturer even included a brochure promoting their titanium bike frames :)

Oh the spork cost AU$7.00, weighs 15 grams and most important to me folds up really small. Delivery time was within the normal Chinese delivery timeframe; ordered on July 18, received today August 16.

« Reply #1264 on: 30 August, 2016, 12:24:42 pm »
Some Chinese Titanium pegs. May be a while.

« Reply #1265 on: 03 October, 2016, 08:10:04 pm »
A Silva expedition compass (well, it seemed a better fit here than the cycling stuff thread...)

« Reply #1266 on: 03 October, 2016, 08:22:15 pm »
Some Chinese Titanium pegs. May be a while.

These arrived a while back and must say rather pleased with them on face value and may get some more. Not much of a shoulder shank however, so will need to see how they actually perform in practice. Will post a pic in due course.

« Reply #1267 on: 03 October, 2016, 08:23:55 pm »
Everyone should have a Silva compass.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #1268 on: 14 October, 2016, 12:45:03 am »
A pair of lights, £9.95 in Aldi, that seem to be like the Moon brand. bright enough to be seen with for sure.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #1269 on: 18 October, 2016, 11:51:14 pm »
An Army style, Goretex by any other name, bivvy bag arrived today.
I now have just about all I need for my tarp, bivvy, wierdo photo project! if I can figure a way to do it properly I'll make a starts by the end of the month.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

« Reply #1270 on: 13 November, 2016, 07:46:15 pm »
aldi radio and long sleeve jersey excellent bargains.
new frameset from Thorn  happy days are here again.

« Reply #1271 on: 13 November, 2016, 08:50:41 pm »
A pair of lights, £9.95 in Aldi, that seem to be like the Moon brand. bright enough to be seen with for sure.

I got a set of these, good lights but really awkward switch to operate, especially with winter gloves on, and burn time on high level is poor at less than two hours.

MalRees

• Hayes - centre of no known universe
« Reply #1272 on: 14 November, 2016, 08:12:17 pm »
Fjallraven Keb Expedition 3, plus footprint. Superb quality and we are going to play in the garden tomorrow!

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1273 on: 16 November, 2016, 04:28:11 pm »

after 10 days of blowing up a full length XTherm by mouth

On seeing the picture, I thought "Just what I need for those long cold nights when I don't feel like getting out of the tent!" until I realised that I don't use a Thermarest.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #1274 on: 16 November, 2016, 05:04:19 pm »

after 10 days of blowing up a full length XTherm by mouth
Any idea how many times will it inflate the mat on a pair of batteries?
216km from Marsh Gibbon