Off Topic > The Pub

Do you have a British accent?

(1/20) > >>

Asterix, the former Gaul.:
Do you have a secret British accent?

Be careful..

--- Quote ---Please note that Google Analytics is being used on this interactive; anonymised demographic results will be shared with the 'academic' we consulted to help them with their research on accents and language.

--- End quote ---

I think I put them off the scent as I managed to sound like an actor from Solihull.  Where?

Mr Larrington:
Seems Mr Google and his Analyticks are more accurate* than more than one J Random USAnian**.

* Yorkshire
** Australia

mrcharly-YHT:
First time I went to the USA, I was asked if I was from Russia.

Thought it was accent confusion, but later suspect it was my passport. Red, you see. Only commies have things in red.

PhilO:

--- Quote from: Mr Larrington on 10 May, 2021, 11:25:46 am ---Seems Mr Google and his Analyticks are more accurate* than more than one J Random USAnian**.

* Yorkshire
** Australia

--- End quote ---

I got asked if I was Australian on a number of occasions traveling in Canada and Alaska. I put it down to a decision process of:  Speaks English => Doesn't speak like royalty => doesn't sound cockney => must be from another English speaking country => Probably Australian...

TBF, I wouldn't be able to differentiate between people from widely spaced parts of North America, either.

That survey, though - what tosh! I hail from the same neck of the woods as Ian, and have a North Notts/South Yorks accent (only slightly diluted by 20 years in South Wales!).  The survey's conclusion?  West London.  :facepalm:

L CC:
Brutal.

You sound like you're from Sunderland.

Kill me now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version