Author Topic: Sandals  (Read 4300 times)

Re: Sandals
« Reply #25 on: 22 May, 2017, 07:09:52 pm »
After 3/4 months and a few broken/blunted drill bits I managed to remove the spd cleats that had been on my sandals too long. I fitted new cleats today. Good timing because this w/e is going to be HOT!

« Reply #26 on: 28 September, 2021, 11:19:34 am »
Will a 43/44 Exustar sandal comfortably take a 45 shoe size foot? They have this habit of making two size sandals so a 45 would be a 45/46, my last ones so sized and a little large in the platform but comfortable otherwise. My size 45 Shimano sandals are loose fitting and abrade both my big toes mercilessly. Size 44 road shoes are too small.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

ppg

« Reply #27 on: 30 September, 2021, 08:49:19 am »
Will a 43/44 Exustar sandal comfortably take a 45 shoe size foot?
I have UK 10.5 plates and the 45/46 fits OK as I have a wide-ish foot.
The front platform does not extend off into the horizon like Shimano's but is semi-closed to protect the toes.

My beef is the insole has the texture of a cheese grater - I resorted to fitting a liner which improves comfort greatly.
The other is both the straps are far too long and don't hang down neatly but stick out like wings - I am storing them with a downward curve hoping to train them.

Probably the best bet is to take Spa Cycles advice and get both sizes and return the unwanted one

Still the best sandals I've had were my first Shimano's c2000

HTH