Author Topic: The company on DIYs and perms thread  (Read 281828 times)

Re: The company on DIYs and perms thread
« Reply #50 on: 22 June, 2010, 07:50:14 pm »
I'm riding The Stroud 5 Perm early on Saturday morning if anyone would like to join me. Taking in the villages of Stroud, Painswick, Bisley and Minchinhampton. 50 km in total but lots of climbing with 1 AAA point.

AndyH

« Reply #51 on: 22 June, 2010, 08:42:36 pm »
Dorset Coast or Dorset Delight perms in the forseeable future anyone ?

Not next weekend (26/27 June) or last week of aug / 1st week of sept. (holiday)

Accommodation available if you want to come from afar, we live in Blandford, close to the start of both.

Andy

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #52 on: 23 June, 2010, 02:03:26 pm »
I'm riding The Stroud 5 Perm early on Saturday morning if anyone would like to join me. Taking in the villages of Stroud, Painswick, Bisley and Minchinhampton. 50 km in total but lots of climbing with 1 AAA point.

I would be interested in doing it!
Chief cat entertainer.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #53 on: 25 June, 2010, 05:25:47 pm »
I'm going to be doing a 600km midweek ride starting Wed 1st Sept in Carlisle
Route roughly is
Carlisle - Scotch corner - York - Howden - Beverley - Sleaford - Spalding - Kings Lynn - Downham Mkt - Biggleswade - Bletchley

I've booked train tickets and family rooms at Carlisle and Sleaford (360km) Travelodges.
Bletchley and Carlisle are both on the Westcoast mainline if anyone wants to join me.

Rich

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #54 on: 25 June, 2010, 10:35:27 pm »
No company, but I can offer a food stop in York if you want?

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #55 on: 26 June, 2010, 01:39:55 am »
Possibly, although I cannot make a decision at the moment. I'll put it in the diary and let you know nearer the time.

:thumbsup:

No company, but I can offer a food stop in York if you want?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: York comes at about 190km in so afternoon tea will be most welcome  ;D

scottlington

• It's short for, erm....Bob!
« Reply #56 on: 28 June, 2010, 09:00:49 pm »
A tadge short notice but I'll be riding the Chicken Willy on Sunday 20th June, first time in a while. Company Welcome

London (Chiswick/Hammersmith)-Lindfield-Brighton-Wiston-Chiddingfold-London. 200.2km by controls according to AR10, about 208km on the road.

Paul - that route goes within a mile or two of my front door. Depending on dates, I'd be well up for joining you. Currently I have only Sat 10th or Sun 11th July free though before MC1000...  :( Does that suit?

Don't fancy combining it with something like the Faccombe Willy and making it into a 600 with a kip stop at mine do you?  ;)  :sick:

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Perm 31st July or 1st Aug?
« Reply #57 on: 29 June, 2010, 05:51:57 pm »
Is anybody in the South-east planning on doing a perm on those dates? There doesn't seem to be much happening in the calendar.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Re: Perm 31st July or 1st Aug?
« Reply #58 on: 29 June, 2010, 08:09:22 pm »
1st August Mrs Dan and the Misses are off on a holiday without me, leaving "early". I was toying with doing the Seaford - Yalding perm once I've waved goodbye.

AndyH

« Reply #59 on: 29 June, 2010, 08:21:04 pm »
Any particular distance in mind ? I must have been just behind you on the FFP300 on sunday, finished in 14 1/2 hrs but spent the 1st 100K in the fast group

Andy

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #60 on: 29 June, 2010, 08:29:22 pm »
200 or possibly 300. No doubt we'd recognise each other. A hint, I'm from Oz.

AndyH

« Reply #61 on: 29 June, 2010, 08:46:29 pm »
Ah yes. We had a chat about blinding rear lights on the sea front in Folkstone. I turned the one on my saddlepack off. Later in the day I arrived at controls as you were leaving. I was riding a yellow & black Giant.

How would you feel about the Dorset Coast 200 as a perm ?

Andy

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #62 on: 29 June, 2010, 09:07:08 pm »
Sounds ok if the weather is fine. I rode the Dorset Coast this year though. Give me a week or so to think about it.

Re: Lanfair PG on Saturday 3/7/10
« Reply #63 on: 01 July, 2010, 10:31:00 am »
Sorry for the short notice but I'm planning on doing Mike Wigley's Lanfair PG 400 perm but starting in Chester on Saturday if anyone is about?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #64 on: 02 July, 2010, 08:35:26 am »
If I had wanted to put my posts in this sticky thread, I'd have done it myself.

« Reply #65 on: 03 July, 2010, 08:05:21 pm »
Right, bright and early start for a 200k leaving from Halfway in Sheffield and going through Nottingham, Market Harborough, St. Neots and ending in Cambridge on July 24th.

Any company appreciated.

After a short journey to Bishops Stortford, I'm driving a van into London to the start of the Dunwich Dynamo so you'd be welcome to a lift if you're doing that. I can't offer a ride from Dunwich back to London but can offer to get you from London back to Bishops Stortford after that.

« Reply #66 on: 04 July, 2010, 11:18:43 am »
August BH weekend.

Edingburgh to Oban 200
Oban to somewhere 200 or 300

any interest ? My plan is to get an early train to Edinburgh and start cycling immediately at around 09:30

« Reply #67 on: 05 July, 2010, 10:53:55 am »
I'm due for a wedding on the Monday in Aberdeen (spectating, not participating). I could be up for a Saturday ride heading in that direction (Dollar, Leven, St. Andres, Tayport, Montrose).

Obviously dependant on being allowed and you not wanting to traverse Scotland but potter northwards instead.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #68 on: 06 July, 2010, 12:05:44 pm »
Rollcall for The Chicken Willy [London (Chiswick)-Lindfield-Brighton-Wiston-Chiddingfold-London], 203km, Sat July 10th.

Manotea
Scottlington
Ian_Oli+Son

Scottlington will be riding up from Bookham. Nominal depart from Chiswick (Esso Garage on the A4/A406 Roundabout under M4J1) at 8am.

Company Welcome.

« Reply #69 on: 08 July, 2010, 11:20:32 pm »
Clem's Caldbeck Caper - Saturday 23rd October 2010

A lovely 300 km ride from Darlington, across the Pennines, down through the Lakes and back over the Pennines.  PM me if interested.  

I enjoyed it so much, I wrote a ride report:

Clem's Caldbeck Caper

Edit: date amended.  Bunbury has made an excuse...

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #70 on: 02 August, 2010, 07:30:16 pm »
I'm thinking of another attempt at the under appreciated monument which is the Denmead 600 Perm, probably on the August BH weekend though dates are flexible.

The traditional route is a 400+200 off Alresford. I'd look to start at Reading (2nd half day2) routing down to Alresford and round to Bradford under Avon, Cirencester and Lambourn/Membury for a sleep break at 400km, then down to Alresford and back to Reading to finish. Sounds easy but a ~40hr ride for me.

And a Taste of The Test on Sat 14th Aug as a warmupTo be rescheduled due to 'domestics'.

« Reply #71 on: 02 August, 2010, 09:57:30 pm »
Bernie's Long Flat One 600k, very likely 14th August. All companions welcome. Probably Campanile at the start for an early start (5.30am ish).

scottlington

« Reply #72 on: 11 August, 2010, 08:06:11 am »
I'm thinking of another attempt at the under appreciated monument which is the Denmead 600 Perm, probably on the August BH weekend though dates are flexible.

The traditional route is a 400+200 off Alresford. I'd look to start at Reading (2nd half day2) routing down to Alresford and round to Bradford under Avon, Cirencester and Lambourn/Membury for a sleep break at 400km, then down to Alresford and back to Reading to finish. Sounds easy but a ~40hr ride for me.

And a Taste of The Test on Sat 14th Aug as a warmup

I'm at somewhat of a loose end on BH weekend, but probably not up for a 600. Still trying to shake of this pesky achilles problem I picked up on MC1K. I may be up for riding part of your 600 with you, say 200k or 300k making it a DIY for me and a bit of company for you. Alternatively, if you give up on the 600 idea, could be tempted by the Chicken Willy again - very nice ride that!

« Reply #73 on: 24 August, 2010, 04:57:31 pm »
Just sent off a "Taste of the Test 200" entry, to ride sometime (weekday) in the first two weeks of September.  Any interest?  Haven't done this ride for years.

scottlington

« Reply #74 on: 14 September, 2010, 08:01:51 am »
I need a 200 in September for RRTY. I want to leave this as late as possible due to lifeTM and max recovery time from minor achilles problem. My plan is a DIY200 on Sunday 26th September and probably the Chicken Willy myself, Manotea, IanOli +son did back in July. This is the route;

London (Chiswick/Hammersmith)-Lindfield-Brighton-Wiston-Chiddingfold-London. 200.2km by controls according to AR10, about 208km on the road;

although I would start at Bookham (Leatherhead) at 06.30ish and ride up to Chiswick for around 08.00. Company welcome, although it WILL be slow, probably 11-12 hours. I don't want to and have no need to push it.  :)