Author Topic: Tigers  (Read 1684 times)

Fixedwheelnut

• "If it ain't fixed it's broken"
    • My photos
Tigers
« on: 26 August, 2008, 01:19:24 am »
 Fifteen years ago a friend of ours worked with big cats in a Zoo and my Misses got to go in with them and as I finally have my scanner half working here are two pics.

Despite me rubbing steak over her she still came out  ;D

They are only cubs as well.
"Don't stop pedalling"

border-rider

Re: Tigers
« Reply #1 on: 26 August, 2008, 09:45:46 am »
Great pics !

Cubs or not, I'd be worried if they got a bit playful :o

Fixedwheelnut

• "If it ain't fixed it's broken"
    • My photos
« Reply #2 on: 26 August, 2008, 07:17:17 pm »
  He said I could go in as well,  :hand: I hate normal cats let alone big fekkers ;)

There was two keepers in there, once they are over a year old they stop going in with them, especially now as that was before the tragedy at another Zoo.
"Don't stop pedalling"

« Reply #3 on: 29 August, 2008, 08:30:21 am »
I'm always surprised by how much big cats can look and behave like normal domestic cats, only scaled up a bit!  In those photos, which are rather good, they do just look like very big moggies, and you just want to scratch them behind the ears!  I guess it's more about how little we have changed the average house cat, and that they aren't really all that much different from their larger, totally natural relatives.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #4 on: 29 August, 2008, 08:44:55 am »

I'm always surprised by how much big cats can look and behave like normal domestic cats, only scaled up a bit!

I know a couple of house cats who will just sink their claws in a little, just test you with their teeth — nothing terribly vicious, but enough so you tell them quite quickly to stop.

« Reply #5 on: 29 August, 2008, 08:47:05 am »

I'm always surprised by how much big cats can look and behave like normal domestic cats, only scaled up a bit!

I know a couple of house cats who will just sink their claws in a little, just test you with their teeth — nothing terribly vicious, but enough so you tell them quite quickly to stop.

Presumably Tigers, Lions, and other big cats do the same, only after a little scratch from them, you probably need hospitalisation. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: 29 August, 2008, 09:05:17 am »
If you spend too long looking at the teeth and claws of your average felis catus, you'll get scared.  They're a finely honed killing machine and if your average cat decided it wanted a chunk of you, you'd be toast.

Big cats terrify me.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: 29 August, 2008, 09:19:58 am »
Fantastic pics! I'd love to stroke a tiger.

I've got playful with semi-tame cheetahs in Botswana and that was amazing. Obviously they're not big enough to cause much damage to a healthy adult, but still a bit scarey. They did behave exactly like domestic cats though - they purred incredibly loudly!

Those tigs are huge considering they're only cubs!!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!