Author Topic: Spot the scientist  (Read 2571 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Re: Spot the scientist
« Reply #25 on: 26 December, 2012, 02:48:02 pm »
Ah.. just caught up  with the answers - didn't do too badly though Tesla is overrated and could be confused with several others.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #26 on: 26 December, 2012, 02:56:03 pm »
Florence Nightingale proves that being overrated isn't a barrier to entry.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #27 on: 26 December, 2012, 02:58:30 pm »
But she was hard to confuse with others.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #28 on: 26 December, 2012, 03:02:31 pm »
I'd never heard of him. Not that odd, since he was wrong after Copernicus was right. And all I know about astronomy is what I was told in school. Great story about his nose though.
Wrong in some things, but his measurements were the best ever, & there were a lot of 'em. That was immensely valuable. Theories need numbers to test against.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #29 on: 29 December, 2012, 10:23:34 pm »
Tycho Brahe. I knew about the nose, but what's with the antlers? Is it just because he had a pet moose, or is there something else (other than the moose's stupid death)?

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: 29 December, 2012, 11:05:02 pm »
OT but the thread title reminds me of many christmasses ago I got up to make a round of drinks, picked up the bottle of gin and up-ended it before I poured it out. Pingu and my oldest brother both pointed, larfed and said 'spot the chemist'! (we have 3 in the family)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.