Author Topic: Win8, MediaMonkey and iPhone 4S  (Read 624 times)

Win8, MediaMonkey and iPhone 4S
« on: 23 March, 2013, 03:29:26 pm »
Not long ago I got MediaMonkey, so as finally to make use of my iPod and also put some music on my iPhone, without the use of iTunes. This was when the PC was running Vista.  All worked well.  Then I upgraded to Win8, and had to reload MediaMonkey. No problem so far.  Plug in the iPod today, and MM picks it up no problem.

Then I decided to see if I could take pics with the iPhone and transfer them to the PC using MM. Took the pics, plugged in the iPhone and got a Win8 pop-up asking what I wanted to do - sync with MM, transfer pics with Win8 etc.  Decided not to use the "sync with MM" option - probably a mistake - and the Win8 app opens up. It can find no pics on the iPhone (I have 3 on the camera roll / photostream - and I used Camera+ if that matters).  No worries thought I, opened up MM - and no iPhone connected. So not only can I not see if I can transfer the photos with MM, I cannot add/modify the music content on it any more  :-X. I also (coincidentally) upgraded to IOS 6.1.3 which may or may not have had an effect.

Can anyone help? (I'm having a mare trying to navigate around Win8 too  :hand:)
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Re: Win8, MediaMonkey and iPhone 4S
« Reply #1 on: 23 March, 2013, 04:08:40 pm »
My only probably negligible contribution to this thread is to say that after years of trying I eventually gave up on MediaMonkey because the database was just too unreliable. Crashed too often and took half of the functionality of the program itself with it when it went. Often even deleting and rebuilding wasn't enough meaning a regedit job. Maybe they've fixed that in the last couple of years but from experience that's the first place I'd look if the program itself is malfunctioning.

I should qualify this by saying I have a library of tens of thousands of tunes spread over many thousands of albums so my usage was far from typical.