Author Topic: lost channels  (Read 624 times)

lost channels
« on: 21 October, 2014, 08:12:54 pm »
we have a humax freesat box and I've lost some of the channels, I know rather careless of me! I've tried doing a channel search with my post code but nothing happens, any thoughts??

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: lost channels
« Reply #1 on: 21 October, 2014, 08:17:08 pm »
Degraded signal.  Given the current weather, I'd suspect a dish/LNB alignment issue, or water sneaking into the cable, though it could be coincidence.

Postcode shouldn't make a difference unless you're quite far north, which might justify a slightly larger dish.  It's the same satellites for the whole of the UK.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #2 on: 21 October, 2014, 08:22:22 pm »
Could be one of several things.
Off the top of my head:

After today's windy conditions, the dish may be mis-aligned, making it a bit marginal.

The box may simply have lost it's branez.   Can it be factory-reset or similar?
The box may be faulty, eg failing to send the necessary control signals up to the LNB.   Can you try swapping it out?

Is the box connected to a distribution system ( multi-switch ), or directly to the LNB on the dish?
If it's a distribution system, then the multi-switch may be playing up.

Then there's the LNB itself, it could be faulty, not switching between modes correctly.

That's all I can think of right now.

« Reply #3 on: 21 October, 2014, 09:11:17 pm »
I replaced the sky dish a few months ago and replaced it with a big round one and a new LNB the signal is 100% way better than we ever had with the sky dish,
It's ok they're back??  I haven't touched anything, honest, we just watched Big Bang changed over to watch Dr Brian Cox and I thought I'd have a quick look at ITV and there it was just where it was meant to be??
What had been happening was if you brought up the TV Guide, channel 103, 104 and a couple of others had vanished not even listed, nothing wrong with signal strength or quality, The thing with using my post code is to get the regional channels, as we live in Wales it's not much use watching the London News :)