Author Topic: Corridori Cycle Sport to close  (Read 2332 times)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
Corridori Cycle Sport to close
« on: 06 April, 2021, 09:44:46 pm »
I see Corridori Cycle Sport are to close
We would like to announce that after 30 years of trading, we will be closing the doors for the last time on Saturday 17th April.

We have enjoyed serving the local community for 3 decades and now intend to enjoy some rest and recuperation.

We would like to thank the staff we have employed during this period and the customers who have supported us for so long.

We wish everyone good health and happy cycling.
I've not been there, it's a bit far from my manor, but I did send Miranda there once, which culminated in Paul Smith OTP speaking to me on Mianda's phone so I could (re) explain what the problem was with her bike.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Re: Corridori Cycle Sport to close
« Reply #1 on: 06 April, 2021, 10:13:55 pm »
A great shame. Not all that far from me and we did drop in there a few times and I'm sure I got them to do something to the bike once, though for the life of me I can't recall what. Mini loved it in there, lusting after all the shiny bikes.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #2 on: 07 April, 2021, 07:41:24 am »
Blimey.
What a shame.
Spent many an enjoyable moment in there in the esteemed company of Paul Smith and Guy, the owner.

Paul Smith SRCC

• Surrey Road Cyling Club
  • 45+ years a club rider, 33+ years in cycle trade.
    • www.plsmith.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 07 April, 2021, 12:04:11 pm »
'Guy' like 'George' at GB Cycles owned the premises; so both were in a position to be able to sell up and retire.

I dare say many of us this last year have evaluated our lives, add to that in their case with the supply of both bikes and parts so incredible poor with no sign of that improving then now is a good time to make that decision to retire; good luck to both of them.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #4 on: 07 April, 2021, 01:15:46 pm »
'Guy' like 'George' at GB Cycles owned the premises; so both were in a position to be able to sell up and retire.

I dare say many of us this last year have evaluated our lives, add to that in their case with supply of both bikes and parts is so incredible poor with no sign of that improving then now is a good time to make that decision to retire; good luck to both of them.

Are you going to be OK though Paul?  Have you got something else lined up?
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Paul Smith SRCC

• www.plsmith.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: 07 April, 2021, 02:08:22 pm »
Are you going to be OK though Paul?  Have you got something else lined up?

The store I work at should be OK, they have pre-ordered enough to keep them going, with demand so high and supply so poor as soon as a bike arrives it's pretty much snapped up. That said on a purely personal note I am still part time-furloughed as my role is not really needed at the moment. I guess I will not know until the furlough scheme comes to an end and how the trade is at that time as to if I will be needed; or not.

At the moment stores are pretty much 'click and collect', we win a sale over a competitor as we happen to have the stock, I don't really play much of a part in that equation to be honest, I would have been far more when I was at Pearsons, GB and Corridori where I had more of a managerial role including product choices and stock control; with the exception of Van Nicholas I am far less involved in that side of a bike store these days. Back when bike availability was better we would win a sale as hopefully the customer felt we deserved it as we offered a superior service, that is where my personal role as a bike fitter and someone who is happy to invest time with someone helping them choose their perfect bike in perfect size adds value to an employer as well as the consumer. Fingers crossed things go back to how they were as not only have I always felt that was the correct and proper way to do things, on a selfish note it is was part of my personal USP and has helped to keep me employed all these years and I hope will continue to do so.

My fear is that I don't see things reverting back anytime soon, it looks like demand will far outstrip supply for the next year or so. On a positive note it looks like we can resume bike fitting soon (with appropriate Covid safety measures) and even though bikes choices are diminished at the moment some are still keen to have a fitting prior to making that choice. There is also a chance that supply will improve and things will revert back quicker as restrictions lift; it's just a bit of a waiting game to see how things pan out really.

Odd times; thanks for asking Greg, much appreciated  :thumbsup:

« Reply #6 on: 07 April, 2021, 10:30:55 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #7 on: 07 April, 2021, 11:07:02 pm »
Is that still C & N Paul?
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Paul Smith SRCC

• www.plsmith.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: 08 April, 2021, 06:58:15 am »
Is that still C & N Paul?
Hi Tim, yes, it seems quite recent that you popped in and referenced it in here, but it was 2017; time flies.

« Reply #9 on: 11 April, 2021, 04:47:38 pm »
Oh that's a shame.

Glad you are ok Paul. I could do with you near here for some fitting help!
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.