Author Topic: New idiocy  (Read 1226 times)

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
New idiocy
« on: 11 July, 2020, 04:16:17 pm »
https://twitter.com/ClaireExists/status/1281967026186199040

It started out when a friend tweeted a picture of a sign on a country road that advised keeping a clear gap when overtaking. In came someone I didn't know, who went straight into the middle of the road shite.

I stayed as polite as I could manage, explaining Primary and linking to That Photo of an overtaken cyclist in the Highway Code.

What I got back was a "Yebbut, primary means I can't overtake when there's oncoming traffic!" There was also the usual shite about RLJ. s, registration, and so on. I apologised to the friend whose feed it was on, and stepped away.

Having done so, of course the loonspud continued, and, having dropped a slight hint of 2you don't use the cycle paths2, I was expecting the usual effluent flow of HELMUTZ, ROAD TAX and so on. What I got was an actual surprise: cyclists lurk at the side of roads waiting for passing cars they can jump under in order to make insurance claims. A sort of "tetraplegic for cash" conspiracy.

I am not engaging any more, as the person (who claims, natch, to be a cyclist) is beyond reason.

Feel free to have some fun.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Re: New idiocy
« Reply #1 on: 14 July, 2020, 09:42:10 am »
Cyclists doing crash for cash?  That's a new one!
Move Faster and Bake Things

Guy

• Retired
Re: New idiocy
« Reply #2 on: 15 July, 2020, 09:59:10 am »
Nah. A few years ago when that "perceived liability" thing was mooted the internet was full of morons saying pedestrians and cyclists would be throwing themselves under cars for a quick payout  ::-)
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius