Author Topic: [HAMR] March 12th  (Read 6944 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: March 12th
« Reply #50 on: 12 March, 2015, 09:47:31 pm »
Crikey, it doesn't do to linger before posting. 352.4 km, at least I got that in. UCMA won't update until midnight UTC, though. Looks a bit sad right now.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #51 on: 12 March, 2015, 09:47:41 pm »
A fair bit of climbing between 160 and 195 miles as well.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A stunning day
Eddington Number 75

« Reply #52 on: 12 March, 2015, 09:48:40 pm »
Do we think Kurt sees Steve's daily output and this motivates him to another hour or so on the bike?   Easy to monitor and respond then you're four to six hours behind.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #53 on: 12 March, 2015, 09:49:26 pm »
352.4 km.

You're a legend Steve!
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #54 on: 12 March, 2015, 09:50:46 pm »
All over the UK, people are standing in their kitchens, applauding.  Well that's what's going on here.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #55 on: 12 March, 2015, 09:53:50 pm »
I'm cooking a kilo of sausages and drinking a gallon of tea in sympathy.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #56 on: 12 March, 2015, 09:55:46 pm »
Do we think Kurt sees Steve's daily output and this motivates him to another hour or so on the bike?   Easy to monitor and respond then you're four to six hours behind.

I don't know about "easy", PB.  You've still got to ride those extra miles, when all is said and done.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #57 on: 12 March, 2015, 09:59:05 pm »

If Kurt's got the stamina to do that when it's dark and cold and he's already got 180 miles under his belt, then he's a hero indeed.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #58 on: 12 March, 2015, 09:59:42 pm »
That route he did today, or roughly speaking, is going to be a favoured bit hitter for TG throughout the year me feels.
The flatlands. There's got to be another MG up there somewhere.

Amazing stuff.
Garry Broad

« Reply #59 on: 12 March, 2015, 10:07:36 pm »
That route he did today, or roughly speaking, is going to be a favoured bit hitter for TG throughout the year me feels.

Amazing stuff.

Average heart rate of 82bpm - that really is amazing. I wonder why he chose the wolds rather than just a little bit West on the flat - perhaps just for variety.

« Reply #60 on: 12 March, 2015, 10:14:03 pm »

Amazing stuff.

Average heart rate of 82bpm - that really is amazing. I wonder why he chose the wolds rather than just a little bit West on the flat - perhaps just for variety.

Or maybe just to lift his AHR about 80bpm  :o

Garry Broad

« Reply #61 on: 12 March, 2015, 10:14:11 pm »

Amazing stuff.

His heart rate hardly went up with those climbs, I have only got to look at a climb and mine shoots up! truly amazing
Eddington Number 75

« Reply #62 on: 12 March, 2015, 10:30:49 pm »
4 big ones in a row. That's nearly a full LEL with a day to spare.

« Reply #63 on: 12 March, 2015, 10:59:24 pm »
another Great day for Steve     offcumden  it was good to read mention of the late Fliss Beard.
it brings back sad memories of  time trial near to Mildenhall

« Reply #64 on: 13 March, 2015, 12:44:27 am »
another Great day for Steve     offcumden  it was good to read mention of the late Fliss Beard.
it brings back sad memories of  time trial near to Mildenhall

I second that, I rode quite a bit with Fliss back in the early days (85-89). Lovely lady. RIP.

« Reply #65 on: 13 March, 2015, 07:55:19 am »
Nice one Steve,  :thumbsup: but how in creation do you do what you do and keep your heart rate so low, mine is 100bpm as soon as my backside hits the saddle and as for hills...krikey

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #66 on: 13 March, 2015, 08:04:07 am »
I don't think he's trying hard enough!  I can match Steve's maximum heart rate just putting on my overshoes.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #67 on: 13 March, 2015, 08:04:35 am »
Nice one Steve,  :thumbsup: but how in creation do you do what you do and keep your heart rate so low, mine is 100bpm as soon as my backside hits the saddle and as for hills...krikey

He's got highly effective lungs. ;)

Jack_P

• It's just dicking about on bikes
    • Cycling hobo
« Reply #68 on: 13 March, 2015, 08:15:18 am »
Steves heart rate is truely amazing, when mine is that low on a ride I don't feel like I'm generating enough internal heat to keep warm and my extremeties suffer.
Does anyone know his Max, I imagine that is really low too, one serious Diesel engine.

« Reply #69 on: 13 March, 2015, 11:44:11 pm »
Average heart rate of 82bpm - that really is amazing.

Remarkable. It’s a pity there isn’t any monitoring of his physiology and other parameters in progress - might have been an interesting article in it for someone in the sports medicine field or similar. Has Steve ever done a VO2?