Author Topic: Rhys to the Rescue  (Read 1160 times)

Rhys to the Rescue
« on: 28 January, 2012, 10:33:36 am »
I came across this programme on iPlayer by random fluke, and have quite enjoyed watching it.  It's basically a documentary watching the day to day work life of Dr Rhys Jones, who seems to be some sort of academic widelife expert, and is obviously licensed to handle and work with a lot of animals which you average bod on the street isn't.

It's quite interesting, and relatively feel good, unlike all too many wild life programmes, which obviously often tend to bemoan the effect that man is having on wildlife.  Since he's often rescuing animals, and dealing with releases back to nature and whatnot, it's mostly generally positive stuff, which is much more enjoyable than some natural world programmes can be.

I think it's only broadcast on BBC Wales, so unless you live in or near Wales, or hunt down programmes on BBC iPlayer, you probably wont have seen it.

BBC iPlayer Links :
Actually, it is rocket science.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
Re: Rhys to the Rescue
« Reply #1 on: 30 January, 2012, 07:38:15 pm »
Ah, not about me then...  :P

Re: Rhys to the Rescue
« Reply #2 on: 23 April, 2013, 09:02:34 am »
A new(ish) series of this is currently being broadcast, under a new nom de plume, "Rhys Jones's Wildlife Patrol", with a slightly greater emphasis on wildlife crime.

Both Rhys Jones himself, and the policeman you mostly seeing him working with, PC Mark Goulding, are good presenters, and come across as though they've been trained to do a TV programme (maybe they have!).

It's slightly depressing, when you see the clearly dodgy scrotes that they obviously regularly have to deal with, getting away with conditional discharges or minor fines, but at least they're being caught, and held accountable to some degree.

Definitely worth watching, always interesting programmes.  There are currently all three of the current series on iPlayer.
Actually, it is rocket science.