Author Topic: Birthday present for a bloke that thinks he's got pretty much everything  (Read 8073 times)

Me. I've been asked to come up with "ideas". I normally come up with STUFF, just for the hell of it, or the amusement value, I thought I would open the question to the panel.

N+1 is not an option (it arrives in a few weeks anyhow)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Penicillin?
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Penicillin?

ITYM Azithromycin + Ceftriaxone...  ;) ;D

Me. I've been asked to come up with "ideas". I normally come up with STUFF, just for the hell of it, or the amusement value, I thought I would open the question to the panel.

N+1 is not an option (it arrives in a few weeks anyhow)
N+0.5 maybe - I was bought a unicycle (which is still defeating me) which was a very welcome gift.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Buy them a medical dictionary.  They are almost certain to find in it something they haven't got.  Housemaid's knee if you are Jerome K. Jerome.
Move Faster and Bake Things

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
Oxfam goats.  A packet of particularly nice crackers and some particularly nice cheese.  Membership of a local cinema/museum.

Or nothing.  I find our obsession with getting presents for people who don't need or want anything because a calendar tells us we should a bit odd.  The best presents are usually the 'just because' ones anyway - the ones that aren't for birthdays or similar, but just because.  Just because you saw it and thought of them, for example.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
The best presents are usually the 'just because' ones anyway - the ones that aren't for birthdays or similar, but just because.  Just because you saw it and thought of them, for example.

Absolutely.   :thumbsup:

I had a similar request for ideas recently. My list includes "a train ticket to the start of the south downs way".

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
"A lift home from Dunwich"

clarion

• Tyke
The best presents are usually the 'just because' ones anyway - the ones that aren't for birthdays or similar, but just because.  Just because you saw it and thought of them, for example.

Absolutely.   :thumbsup:
100%
Getting there...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
These people make some rather nice pocket-knives.  Or there's always the good old (t)rusty Opinel.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
A walrus-polishing kit?
</Red_Dwarf>
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Do they do screwdrivers?

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
A left-handed sonic screwdriver. Sorted.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Samuel D

Depends hugely on your interests and budget. Any of these would please me:
(Looking at this list, it seems the Swiss do good gifts if little else!)

I've stuff coming out of my ears (sometimes in duplicate) and subscribe wholeheartedly to the Crinkly / Kim ethic of prezzie (not) giving - on account of a calendar date.
Much better to gift when you've been inspired IMHO.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Don't do what I did, one year, and say "oh I could do with a new t-shirt.

Every bugger bought me them, that year, I got nothing else!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

ian

I too would rather not receive presents. I have too much stuff and chances are that if I really wanted something I'd have got it myself.

Other than that I'll go for gin and otter (or other critter) adoptions. Sadly they don't let you bring your 'adopted' animals home and I have a sneaking suspicion that those animals don't write their own update letters.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
A toilet twinning
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Track Day Experience, bike or car as the fancy takes.

A velodrome day.  I did one at Calshot a few years ago when my mate was 40.  Absolutely brilliant experience.

A velodrome day.

Swot I meant!

I still have to arrange mine at Lea Valley.