Author Topic: Wireless Heat Alarms or vape friendly smoke alarms?  (Read 1258 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Wireless Heat Alarms or vape friendly smoke alarms?
« on: 20 June, 2017, 05:24:20 pm »
Anyone seen any?

Otherwise know of any smoke alarms which won't get set off my vaping? Most these are optical so a bit useless for my need.

Cheers,
Sam
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Wireless Heat Alarms or vape friendly smoke alarms?
« Reply #1 on: 20 June, 2017, 05:30:53 pm »
We have one of these in our kitchen.  It's a simple rate-of-temperature-rise sensor: http://www.connevans.co.uk/product/8020426/40FWHT630/Wi-Safe2-Thermistek-heat-alarm-head--WHT-630-with-10-year-life-battery

We used this system because it's one of the few systems that has a decent strobe/vibrating pad module.  We've had very few false alarms (I've set the heat sensor off by rapidly warming up the kitchen in winter by turning all the hobs on full pelt (which is to all intents and purposes a fire), but it's generally immune to toast etc).  The 10 year battery life is optimistic, and like all smoke alarms it isn't sensible about low battery warnings.  In an ideal world I'd have a proper wired system.

Ionisation sensors seem to have gone out of fashion somewhat.  They mostly seem to be stand-alone alarms.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #2 on: 20 June, 2017, 05:59:07 pm »
Thanks Kim I shall looky into that :)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #3 on: 20 June, 2017, 08:12:26 pm »
Ionisation based detectors (very common) are less easily triggered by vape than optical detectors, although it can still happen if you e-fag right under it, apparently.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●