Author Topic: A good PS-Elements starter book  (Read 1185 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
A good PS-Elements starter book
« on: 23 November, 2014, 01:02:15 pm »
Having a chat with my mum this morning, she said that my dad is getting into digital photography (about time he did something that is not DIY/gardening etc etc) and she also mentioned she is going to buy him PS Elements.

Which has led me to realise that there is an opportunity to buy him a book for Xmas (he doesn't drink, has all the tools he could possibly need and I bought him a Bialatti last year, so the coffee angle is covered).

So, other than Dummies guides, what is a good book for someone (*ahem* over 60) to start with for this software?
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Re: A good PS-Elements starter book
« Reply #1 on: 23 November, 2014, 04:14:52 pm »
IMHO the books in Smiths , The Photoshop Elements Book and Photoshop Elements Made Easy , are well worth a look.  One is IP Publishing and the other is Future Publishing.   Both include a DVD of videos and images accompany the various themed chapters.

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/design-bookazines/teach-yourself-photoshop-elements-12/

quick browse of IP site but couldn't see the bookazine I was looking for.

« Reply #2 on: 23 November, 2014, 07:52:00 pm »
Try Adobe TV tutorials before you spend anything.  They're very good.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3 on: 23 November, 2014, 07:55:29 pm »
Try Adobe TV tutorials before you spend anything.  They're very good.

Fair point, but I'm not going to give him a cd/dvd of videos burnt from the internet for xmas! :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #4 on: 23 November, 2014, 08:06:32 pm »
Buy him a tablet he can watch them on down the nearest pub or coffee shop with free wi-fi then!