Author Topic: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Flight Deck levers (name plate fixing screws)  (Read 7008 times)

Hi

I have just replaced my brake cables and noticed the small countersink grub screws used to retain the name plate covers on my Shimano Ultegra 6700 Flight Deck levers were missing. Though the covers clip on,  I would feel more confortable if I could get some replacement screws to securely retain.

Having searched the web a bit, I believe shimano's part number for RH name/cover plate is Y6SC98030, but I can't find a code for the fixing screws on their own. I guess equivalent's would be available but do not know size and correct term to search web/ask at local machine mart.

If anyone can give any further info what I need it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

JJ

Re: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Flight Deck levers (name plate fixing screws)
« Reply #1 on: 18 June, 2017, 05:23:40 pm »
They're a CSK wood screw (They aren't machine screws), 6.3mm (or 1/4 inch) overall length, with a Phillips, not Pozi, head (although Pozi would work fine) which is 5mm Ø.
OD of the threads comes up as 2.66mm on my digi-verniers.
Good luck with finding two of those from a source other than Shimano.
Try my friends at Clerkenwell Screws on 0207 405 1215.

« Reply #2 on: 19 June, 2017, 01:40:31 am »
Jurek,

Thank you very much for the reply and useful info.

Much appreciated.

JJ

« Reply #3 on: 19 June, 2017, 03:27:09 pm »
I have a tub of 'Very small screws scavenged from borked electrical goods' at work for such, hard to find, replacement purposes.

I, almost always, still do not have the perfect size...  >:(
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

« Reply #4 on: 16 July, 2019, 09:33:31 pm »
As of July 2019 flight deck dust plates and screws will set you back around £11.99 plus p&p.

Small screws I thought, searched the diy sites, no luck. Ruminated a bit, where do I use small short screws? Ah ha! Computer hard drive. Where I had success was with the screws from the top of an old WD Caviar ide hard drive. Perfect fit, they have a six pointed 'star' fit for screwdriver rather than allen key. Possibly could try the chassis mounting screws which seem to be the same diameter. Those should be available over the counter at pc shop.