Author Topic: Todays view from General Practice  (Read 11727 times)

Re: Todays view from General Practice
« Reply #75 on: 07 September, 2021, 11:10:24 am »
We're doing lots of remote consultations at the minute, "send me a picture of your rash and ill call you back"
Given how good modern phone cameras are its quite a talent to get everything apart from the rash in focus

Modern phones are shit for taking photos one handed particularly if it’s a close up of another body part. There’s also a min focus distance which isn’t as close as people think.

iphone 12 is not too bad as the shutter can be released by pressing either volume button on the side of the phone. I discovered that needing to take pictures of the cat for the vet. 
Move Faster and Bake Things

IJL

« Reply #76 on: 29 November, 2021, 09:41:29 am »
One of the other clinicians at the surgery has just told me about a conversation this morning with a women who is pregnant and still smoking. After discussing the issues around smoking in pregnancy he was told it would be ok 'cos she only smokes outside!

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #77 on: 29 November, 2021, 10:32:49 am »
One of the other clinicians at the surgery has just told me about a conversation this morning with a women who is pregnant and still smoking. After discussing the issues around smoking in pregnancy he was told it would be ok 'cos she only smokes outside!

I'm not a GP. May I laugh too?
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #78 on: 29 November, 2021, 03:54:26 pm »
I'm not a GP. May I laugh too?

Teh STOOPID, it knows no limits!

Maybe it's norty to mock teh stoopid.

Too bad!

IJL

« Reply #79 on: 29 November, 2021, 04:56:43 pm »
Those who are running the country have decided the covid booster should now be given to over 18's at 3 months rather than 6

This means we now have 3500 people eligible

That's Decembers weekends taken care of!

Giving covid vaccines make time run even slower than the turbo trainer,  I started at 08.30 on Saturday and after 4 hours of vaccinating it was only 09.10

The light at the end of a Tunnel seems to be a train.   

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #80 on: 29 November, 2021, 05:50:08 pm »
Mum said of her kids' birthday parties that every half-hour she'd look at the clock and only five minutes had passed...

IJL

« Reply #81 on: 03 December, 2021, 02:29:11 pm »
Just spoke to a patient, been coughing for a week
works in a hospital
not had a PCR test
still going to work

« Reply #82 on: 03 December, 2021, 05:58:49 pm »
 :facepalm:

« Reply #83 on: 03 December, 2021, 08:00:38 pm »
Seriously, what was going through their head?

ian

« Reply #84 on: 03 December, 2021, 08:27:59 pm »
I'd suggest very little.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #85 on: 03 December, 2021, 08:56:19 pm »
This seems a common scenario in many places, according to my Twitter feed.

Very worryng.

Suspect this sort of (in)action will give Omicron a field day!

« Reply #86 on: 26 December, 2021, 04:23:19 pm »
Judging from how a former friend who was a registered nurse in surgery or recovery talked about her colleagues years ago now I wonder how many have been double jabbed.  She used to talk about consultant friends and colleagues who used to talk about vaccines not working or causing the condition they're designed to prevent. I used to know a few NHS workers and they were all negative about their job,  colleagues and the system. Mind you they were quite happy getting the extra lists and effect adding 50% to their paypacket each month due to the incompetence of a colleague, systems, hospital or trust.

I'm sure NHS workers tend to remember the negative more than the positive,  but it was furness general back when it hit the headlines so they could have a point.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #87 on: 26 December, 2021, 05:58:23 pm »
Seriously, what was going through their head?

Probably something to do with the Bradford Factor.