Author Topic: I've been pinged by the Covid App  (Read 6719 times)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: I've been pinged by the Covid App
« Reply #50 on: 22 July, 2021, 05:15:17 pm »
From the BBC snippet Cocktail bar closes after all staff asked to isolate:

... cocktail bar ... staff left their phones together - and they were all pinged by the NHS Covid app.

If it's a cocktail bar, then in all probability the staff would, over a shift, be cumulatively spending more than 15 minutes within 2 metres of each other and thus be at risk.

The simple point is... the Delta variant is more transmissable than previous variants and most bars/clubs/restaurants still don't have the basics of good ventilation sorted out.  It was foolish (and basically criminally negligent) to remove all restrictions as the government has done.

Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #51 on: 22 July, 2021, 05:23:12 pm »
It is however the beginning of the end for Boris Johnson.

Regulator

« Reply #52 on: 23 July, 2021, 07:49:34 am »
It is however the beginning of the end for Boris Johnson.

One can but hope and (if one believes in a deity) pray...

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #53 on: 23 July, 2021, 08:01:42 am »
Sadly, he is just a symptom. We've got the Tories for another term after this

Regulator

« Reply #54 on: 23 July, 2021, 09:38:41 am »
Sadly, he is just a symptom. We've got the Tories for another term after this

Not if they kill off enough of their primary electoral base with the criminally incompetent and corrupt handling of the pandemic...

Green Party Councillor

ian

« Reply #55 on: 23 July, 2021, 10:35:39 am »
The only thing that will get rid of Boris Johnson is Conservative in-fighting, and considering the shallow pool of golden talent that he's standing in, I'm not even sure that's a threat. The best hope is that he'll get bored or confused and wander off.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #56 on: 09 September, 2021, 01:31:36 am »
“2 metres for 15 minutes” seems to be hearsay (unless someone has a cite?) and is probably technically impossible to enforce that cleanly. Even if that is the intended threshold, at best it can be implemented as “two keys from the same user closely spaced in time both with a fairly strong signal” given how the system works.
That is AFAIK the rule used by contact tracers up here, 1m is 1 minute, any closer and there's no lower time limit.

A 2 page detail was circulated earlier in the summer on it, for what reason I don't know, could be because we almost ran out of available staff (3 other boards did) as a result of contact tracing.
As have various other things that would probably be of interest but I've never checked if they are publicly available, largely because by the time I'm not on my SWAN connection with access to the non-public stuff I've forgotten.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk