Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
OT Knowledge / Re: Mixer Tap regulations
« Last post by Russell on Today at 06:46:24 pm »
From the WRAS website for approvals for this manufacturer for a similar tap:

Installation Requirements:

IRN R010

Water supplies shall be at reasonably balanced pressures from a common source (e.g. hot and cold supplies both from the same storage or both from a supply pipe).  Where the fitting is supplied from unbalanced supplies (e.g. hot and cold supplies from separate sources) an ‘Approved’ single check valve or some other no less effective backflow prevention device shall be fitted immediately upstream of both hot and cold water inlets
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 06:45:53 pm »
I'm just back from 4 days away and am covered in cats.
Audax / Re: Double Dutch, Ship of the Fens 200
« Last post by Lightning Phil on Today at 06:41:19 pm »
Got it, so we head further up Church Lane for the info, then worth popping into churchyard on way back to get a better view. Train gets in about 7:50am all being well. Then round 1 way system to start for 8am.
« Last post by Russell on Today at 06:36:30 pm »
Well, neither a non return valve is fitted nor is the hot supplied by a combi boiler.

The tap description reads " this kitchen tap is suitable for all water systems and pressures for smooth, quiet function and high flow rates, and is WRAS approved."
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: New 7" tablet recommendations please
« Last post by hbunnet on Today at 06:28:21 pm »
I replaced a Nexus 7 with a Fire Tablet (Fire 8+ 32GB 3GB 2022 12th Gen) it cost £70 new in Nov 23 in an Amazon sale.

With the addition of 3 files it can use Google applications, How To instructions are readily available with links to the files.

If you can live without GPS, this does everything I want with the bonus of a Colour Kindle.
Grow Your Own / Re: New Lawnmower?
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 06:11:07 pm »
Just been looking at an EGO mower as well - battery power might make more sense long term than a petrol mower.

The one I'm looking at has "Bright LED headlamps for mowing at a time that suits you".

Yeah, think I'll give that one a miss, thanks. The temptation to mow the lawn after getting home late from the pub would be too much... guaranteed to end in tears. ;D
« Last post by Kim on Today at 05:51:48 pm »
Or if the hot water is potable, as per a combi boiler.
The Knowledge / Re: Old steel-
« Last post by drossall on Today at 05:38:02 pm »
I've got at least four steel bikes dating variously from the 1970s to 1990. I use three of them for Audaxes. My trike dates originally from that period as well.

Unless rust runs rife (which it has in one hack bike that I now use mostly for Zwift), they are at least as strong as modern bikes.
Grow Your Own / Re: New Lawnmower?
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 05:37:19 pm »
Apparently they use the same motors as Hayter, feel quite well built, have variable speed which I thought made sense as aged parent gets older.  Also grey, not red or orange which most of them seem to be.

If we go down the self-propelled route, variable speed definitely sounds like a good idea for our garden, which has lots of tricky bits to navigate and tight corners.

Out of interest, what was the Weibang model you got? Have you used it yet?

Looking at the aforementioned local mower place, even the most basic variable speed Weibang model they stock, the Virtue 46SVP (at £500) is 2.7kw, 46cm blade and 55L clippings bag, compared to our Flymo's 1.8kw, 36cm and 26L.

I really haven't appreciated until now quite how crap our Flymo is! (Well, it's probably fine for a small garden with a flat, square lawn but really not up to the job for our garden. £500 feels like a lot to spend on a mower but it seems to be a reasonable ball park figure for something that will be capable of taking the pain out the job.)

The Knowledge / Re: Old steel-
« Last post by yorkie on Today at 05:34:32 pm »
My 1989 Dawes Galaxy is still in day-to-day use for everything from commuting with a saddlebag to camping with front & rear panniers, saddlebag, idiot on the top pedalling, etc. 531ST, still going as good as new (possibly better now it's "run-in"?)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10