Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1627975 times)

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #2525 on: 26 November, 2012, 09:28:42 pm »
I never understood why people feed their cats in the morning[1].  Unless they're little or need medication, they're quite happy with one meal a day, and you're already out of bed in the evening.

Ours only have one meal a day. It's like a continuous all-you-can-eat buffet that starts when we get up and finishes when we go to bed.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #2526 on: 27 November, 2012, 09:04:09 am »
I know you are a spoilt, pampered, pet. Evidence here I am staying at her house to keep you company whilst she is on holiday. however 5:30am alarm calls to feed you breakfast or you'll destroy the carpet is not on.

I never understood why people feed their cats in the morning[1].  Unless they're little or need medication, they're quite happy with one meal a day, and you're already out of bed in the evening.

[1] Though, TBH, I've never really understood why people do anything in the morning.  Stupid time of day.

Indeed. Changing Princess to a 2200hrs feeding rid us of the early morning demands for food.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #2527 on: 27 November, 2012, 10:10:34 am »
UK Fail.. rather appropriate name. In spite of me ringing yesterday and leaving my number to call, the dozy driver visited the wrong property. Left a card according to the website. Once again I call them today, explain the situation and now I get a text saying it'll be delivered tomorrow... Yeah, good thing I'm on leave so I can hang around waiting... Grrrr

Update. Driver was "passing through" and delivered the parcel. :D

« Reply #2528 on: 27 November, 2012, 11:59:14 am »
I know you are a spoilt, pampered, pet. Evidence here I am staying at her house to keep you company whilst she is on holiday. however 5:30am alarm calls to feed you breakfast or you'll destroy the carpet is not on.

[1] Though, TBH, I've never really understood why people do anything in the morning.  Stupid time of day.

Indeed. Changing Princess to a 2200hrs feeding rid us of the early morning demands for food.
It would have to be a sodding huge meal to satisfy Sinbad.

When we lived on the boat, he would finish off an adult rabbit in one very prolonged meal, including the skull. Then lie there bulging like Mr Creosote for 24hours.

I feed him one packet wet food in morning and one at night. Could put two in the bowl in the morning but then a load of it would lie around stinking until the evening.

He won't usually ask anyone else for food, unless I'm away and he's really hungry. He'll pester them; but they are supposed to come and find me and make me feed him.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2529 on: 27 November, 2012, 12:57:31 pm »

Ours only have one meal a day. It's like a continuous all-you-can-eat buffet that starts when we get up and finishes when we go to bed.

+1  ;D
I am using a feed hopper style bowl that automatically fills as they eat it. They still ask for food whenever I walk past it though! Siamese cats asking for food are not ignorable. Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2530 on: 27 November, 2012, 01:37:38 pm »
Dry food out all day FTW.
Unless you've got exceptionally greedy fat bastard cats that will eat it all in a one-er and then vom it up behind the sofa/on the bed/where you next put your feet, that is.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #2531 on: 27 November, 2012, 01:53:58 pm »
Dry food out all day FTW.
Unless you've got exceptionally greedy fat bastard cats that will eat it all in a one-er and then vom it up behind the sofa/on the bed/where you next put your feet, that is.

You need a dog to take care of that for you  ;)

fuzzy

« Reply #2532 on: 27 November, 2012, 02:19:26 pm »

Clan Fuzzy has two cats.

Scooby is a small and timid little thing who is easily persuaded to vacate her feeding bowl.

Willow is 'Big Boned' and easily persuades Scooby to vacate her feeding bowl. She is also adept at eating as much as she can and then eating plenty more after whch she does the vomming bit. She then clears up after herself :sick:

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #2533 on: 27 November, 2012, 02:25:29 pm »
I'm on the lemsip.  :(
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2534 on: 27 November, 2012, 02:59:25 pm »
I'm on the lemsip.  :(

I'm on the diclofenac.   :(

« Reply #2535 on: 27 November, 2012, 03:34:41 pm »
I'm on the diclofenac.   :(

Me too. I'm also sporadically wandering round the office doing stupid-looking stretches.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #2536 on: 27 November, 2012, 04:54:25 pm »
Alternate paracetamol and brufen here.   

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #2537 on: 27 November, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »
Caffeine, sugar and chocolate here.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2538 on: 27 November, 2012, 05:15:04 pm »
Do we need a "What drugs have you taken toady?" thread?  This is supposed to be a cycling forum, after all...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #2539 on: 27 November, 2012, 09:11:06 pm »
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #2541 on: 28 November, 2012, 08:46:44 am »
It's my sisters birthday today and her present hasn't arrived from Bloody Amazon yet :-(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #2542 on: 28 November, 2012, 08:50:31 am »
It's my sisters birthday today and her present hasn't arrived from Bloody Amazon yet :-(

They are probably still adding layers of packaging to it.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #2543 on: 28 November, 2012, 08:55:57 am »

They are probably still adding layers of packaging to it.

:-)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2544 on: 28 November, 2012, 11:29:56 am »
On Radio 4 now, there is a programme on the teaching and use of English in India, presented by Zareer Masani.

Zareer has just used the words 'schizophrenia', 'schizophrenic' and 'schizoid' to describe the tensions at play in this matter, and his interlocutor even said he had used 'the right word'. :facepalm: ::-) >:(
Getting there...

« Reply #2545 on: 28 November, 2012, 05:30:17 pm »
All the trains out of Liverpool Lime St have been cancelled (cable theft/signal failure) so I'm on the bus with a huge bouquet of flowers for little sister.

« Reply #2546 on: 28 November, 2012, 05:46:57 pm »
All the trains out of Liverpool Lime St have been cancelled (cable theft/signal failure) so I'm on the bus with a huge bouquet of flowers for little sister.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #2547 on: 28 November, 2012, 07:32:41 pm »
Dear person on Faceache. You've sent me 11 requests to play some poxy game or other, none of which I have accepted.
Do you not think it might be time to stop now?

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #2548 on: 28 November, 2012, 07:43:48 pm »
Ooooh, do you want to play Scrabble with me and bobb? Or Angry Birds?
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #2549 on: 28 November, 2012, 07:53:06 pm »
I don't mind playing a game, but if I've ignored the same game request that number of times.... ;)

I even downloaded Words with Friends but I can't work out why it can't see all my FB friends.