Author Topic: Replacement Cache Battery for B&M Luxos IQ2?  (Read 1039 times)

Replacement Cache Battery for B&M Luxos IQ2?
« on: 09 October, 2019, 04:31:14 pm »
Greetings, new arrival here! What a treasure trove of bike related knowledge...bit of a PITA that my first post is a cry for help but...

My dynamo light wouldn't come on the other morning. Hub is giving normal output - indeed powered my Revo light no problem as back up this morning.  There is voltage travelling up the supply cable for the Luxos, so from that and searching on a few threads on here it'd seems that there is a known issue with cache battery on Luxos front light.  How have people resolved this or, and probably more likely,  where would I be able to get a replacement?  Spa and SJS showing nothing and google only brings me back here...Can anyone point me in right direction?

Re: Replacement Cache Battery for B&M Luxos IQ2?
« Reply #1 on: 09 October, 2019, 05:02:50 pm »
Check your warranty. Some retailers offer surprisingly long ones.

The cache battery is a custom LiFe thingy with two cells on a single connector that needs to fit in a very tight space behind the reflector. You’re not going to find a generic replacement unless you have serious having skills, and I don’t think they’re sold as spare parts.

Otherwise, landfill beckons*.

* or eBay spares/repair. Someone might appreciate the casing as they have a bit of breaking off at the bracket...

Re: Replacement Cache Battery for B&M Luxos IQ2?
« Reply #2 on: 11 October, 2019, 11:55:30 pm »
Mine died in a similar manner to yours. It depends when and where you bought it. Mine died four years into a five year warranty, refunded by Rose Bikes in Germany no problem, replaced it with an IQ-X from them.