Author Topic: Guitar tabs for fun songs?  (Read 1593 times)

Guitar tabs for fun songs?
« on: 21 February, 2020, 10:40:57 am »
Grandson (17 months) currently enjoys (hah!) my guitar playing. Only, I'm not very good. I was never that good and I've had a hiatus of twenty years or more without playing. And, as I can't sing I've never really learned fun songs. And yes, I don't read music at all well.

Looking around, I found sites like https://blackspotguitars.com/nursery-rhymes-guitar-chords/ but (as I haven't found my capo and the mail order one hasn't arrived and I don't feel like manually transposing) they don't really work.

Any suggestions, as per the title?

Edd

Re: Guitar tabs for fun songs?
« Reply #1 on: 21 February, 2020, 12:25:01 pm »
There are quite a lot of tabs on https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ it might be worth having a look there

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2 on: 21 February, 2020, 12:54:36 pm »
What key do you want them in?

This should help you transpose

For example Baa Baa Black Sheep (E - A - B7) is probably in E (but they've used B7 instead of B) so in C it would be C - F - G7

« Reply #3 on: 21 February, 2020, 01:13:19 pm »
Chords and lyrics for fun sing alongs, really  (eg wheels onna bus stuff) and thanks for the table - at the moment I'm looking to pull stuff on screen and play from there, which is one reason I was avoiding transposition. I like that Ultimate Guitar stuff

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4 on: 21 February, 2020, 01:27:11 pm »
If you know the tune you can work out the chords by ear and the kids won't know the difference.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #5 on: 21 February, 2020, 01:41:02 pm »
... you can work out the chords by ear

Can I? there are numerous members of the audience along with next door's cat who might disagree.

Curiously, playing random chords actually makes it more difficult to "sing" (or whatever approximates to that in the general area of my vocal resonating system)

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #6 on: 21 February, 2020, 03:13:52 pm »
The Usborne Children's Songbook has got some good, simple, well known stuff in, if you can find a copy.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #7 on: 21 February, 2020, 03:19:24 pm »
... you can work out the chords by ear

Can I? there are numerous members of the audience along with next door's cat who might disagree.

Curiously, playing random chords actually makes it more difficult to "sing" (or whatever approximates to that in the general area of my vocal resonating system)

Nah, you work them out in advance & go over them a couple of times. Easy.

Oh aye, have a go at Johnny McEldoo. My kids used to love it.

https://youtu.be/XjrwPAVylX4
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight